Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha! ds exhibits his problem solving skills

(9 Posts)
silverfrog Wed 03-Apr-13 14:06:13

ok, so ds is dc3. and it looks like I will finally have to babyproof the house (dd1 was passive to the point of comatose; by the time dd2 was inquisitive, dd1 was mobile, and putting gates/barriers up would have meant more accidents than they solved, iyswim. so constant vigilance was the only way)

ds is sitting in his highchair at the table. he was working hard to reach the spoon he'd had for his lunch - he wanted to chew on it.

I moved it a little further away, out of his reach, as it is a metal spoon <bad mother> and I don't want him biting down with newly-through tooth on the hard metal.

he reached for a bit, and clearly couldn't reach.

so he moved the table mat closer, and reached the spoon that way grin

so I moved both mat and spoon a little out of his reach <lazy mother alert, but was sitting with dd2 who was finishing her lunch>

he carefully measured out the distance, and then grabbed the tablecloth and yanked grin grin

thankfully there is so much crap on my table that he couldn't shift the cloth and table contents, but 10/10 for persistence to the boy.

so it looks like my days of 'move it a bit further away and hope for the best' are well and truly over - he's going to turn out to be a climber, isn't he? always into everythign I thought I had moved a safe distance away

<sigh>

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 03-Apr-13 14:11:50

'he carefully measured out the distance, and then grabbed the tablecloth and yanked '

Ah brilliant. I LOVE this age. Though ds, about a month or so in front of your little man, is up the bookcases and uses table legs to get into a sitting position.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 03-Apr-13 14:13:16

We can't babyproof yet as we're still in rented and can't drill holes into the walls etc. No idea where our playpen is, At the bottom of a pile in the garage if we even still have it.

3rd children are true subesequent neglected others aren't they?

silverfrog Wed 03-Apr-13 14:15:32

it's the first time that I've had the time to notice it, iyswim.

it didn't really happen with dd1 - it is only really this last year she has started 'investigating' anything - before that, she accepted everything at face value.

dd2 probbaly did it, but I was too pre-occupied with dd1 - undergoing dx, then immediately post-dx, and fighting for services etc.

this time I have the headpsace (and actual time, when the girls are at school) to enjoy the mobile but not yet scampering off phase, and it's ace grin

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 03-Apr-13 14:16:51

same here. DD probably was as much fun, - sadly I wasn't.

silverfrog Wed 03-Apr-13 14:18:23

ha! dh and I were discussing playpens the other day.

I think we got rid of ours, and am not going to buy one 'just' for ds!

he is not-quite-crawling, and needs to stay that way as our floors are lethal. carpet is on the agenda, bt won't arrive for a few weeks yet, so ds needs to stay put (or be incarcerated in his highchair) for a bit longer.

definitely neglected 3rd child grin

although, have ot say, dd1 had to go through major house renovations as a toddler, so was trapped in one room (all others in the house had floors up/doors off/windows out/missing walls), and dd2 was born into the tail end of that. so at least I've treated them all the same wink

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 03-Apr-13 14:22:54

ha ha. Yes to ds spending more time than he should in his high chair (and with items of food that I would have never given my pfb to keep him occupied there).

And it isn't even a 'nice' high chair. Tis the cheap one from ikea. DS had a blimmin bulky mamas and papas, dd had a trip trap, ds got this plasticy £20 thing.

grin

zzzzz Wed 03-Apr-13 18:00:04

The cheap ones from IKEA are vastly superior to the posh ones.

Just imagine the life of number 5..... Your babes are positively pampered.

silverfrog Wed 03-Apr-13 18:20:43

yep. he's in an ikea highchir grin

dd1 had thr M&P padded job. hated it instantly, but it lasted ok and did for dd2 as she did first tastes etc.

we then got handy sit boosters for both girls so ditched the highchair, only to have to buy another when we went into rental and dd2 couldn't reach the table! (she was 2 at that point grin - she was such a tiny tot)so we bought an ikea cheapie at that point, and still had that knocking about for ds.

ds is dc5 for dh, zzzzz - he is alternately neglected and pampered wink grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now