Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I almost cried today as I saw DD2 coming out of school.

(19 Posts)
lougle Thu 28-Mar-13 22:28:48

She came out, mad as a box of frogs, calling to various children as she passed them.

"Bye Amelia.....Arwyn, Arwyn..see you later!....Hi Sophie..."

As we got in the car and drove away, she saw a boy she knows.

"Oooh it's Harry!"

Harry saw her and waved, excitedly.

She squealed in delight as we passed him "Oooh we're zooming past Harry, Mummy!"

She's come alive smile

She buzzes now, as she skips out of school. A different child entirely. Still her, still quirky, but so happy.

ouryve Thu 28-Mar-13 22:33:54

<love> grin

I feel like that when someone says hello to DS2 and he jumps and squeals or tries to reply.

Then cry for other reasons when DS1 tries to run along with other boys out of his class, then turns and ruffles their hair and pisses them off sad

marchduck Thu 28-Mar-13 22:34:40

Aww that's brilliant - your DD2 sounds lovely Lougle

PoshCat Thu 28-Mar-13 22:35:03

I am delighted for you. Wonderful! You're lovely daughter! smile smile smile

lougle Thu 28-Mar-13 22:37:19

This is the child who was so shut down she wouldn't even acknowledge other children in the classroom and just pushed past them on the way out the door.

It's remarkable.

Handywoman Thu 28-Mar-13 22:37:45

Oh that is wonderful to hear <warm and fuzzy> grin

TheFogsGettingThicker Thu 28-Mar-13 22:49:27

That's so lovely - I've filled up blush

zzzzz Thu 28-Mar-13 22:50:15

lougle what a fabulous post. I'm so happy it worked. Well done. What a very different life you all have now.

bubblesinthebath Thu 28-Mar-13 23:02:42

awww I'm crying smile, So nice to hear! Ds had a bad day today. Complete Meltdown. Brought home his differences and how unsupportive his school are. Just wanted to whisk him up and smother him with hugs. Think a move may be on the cards too.

grin

PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg Fri 29-Mar-13 08:41:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

signandsmile Fri 29-Mar-13 08:46:13

Fantastic grin

Ineedmorepatience Fri 29-Mar-13 09:31:33

grin Am so happy for you grin

TapselteerieO Fri 29-Mar-13 09:53:02

Sounds lovely, long may it last Lougle!

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 29-Mar-13 10:54:06

That sounds great. smile

mrslaughan Fri 29-Mar-13 13:43:46

You know Lougie, we have such a similar story....happiness is so under-rated, and until your child is comfortable with themselves/feel good about themselves , we have no idea what they are capable of.

It is just fantastic.....but also so distressing that some teachers do not realize the damage they are doing.

kinkyfuckery Fri 29-Mar-13 14:01:19

Aww you're making me well up.

How lovely for your daughter, and you!

lougle Fri 29-Mar-13 20:47:59

Thank you all smile I've no idea what's happened. I hold my breath that it may last.

There are things to sort, which I've realised may have to be sorted by me, rather than outside help, but who cares? grin

MareeyaDolores Sat 30-Mar-13 00:59:28

grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now