Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Are there Free Courses for Summer term time?

(6 Posts)
2006hildy Thu 28-Mar-13 10:36:44

I'd be really interested in any free courses going on on any subject run by anybody.
Around the Herts, Bucks and Beds borders or Dacorum area.
In the daytime Summer term time as I am a Carer for my disabled son.
My boys are aged 6 and 8.
Does anybody know of any?

Thanks

amistillsexy Thu 28-Mar-13 10:40:26

I run free parenting courses for our local parent and carer forum, but unfortunately not your area.
If you are a member of your parent and carer forum (might be called a parent and carer council), ask there. If you don't know if your area has one, google Contact a Family, and they should be able to put you in touch with your local group. Sorry, can't link now as I'm on phone.

amistillsexy Thu 28-Mar-13 10:43:19

Another thought is your local council. If they have a Family Support Team, they might know of things you can access. Oh! And our local Carers support group hold regular courses of about 6 weeks duration on looking after yourself whilst caring. I've not done it myself, but I've heard its really good-things like planning time to do something you enjoy, trying new things, meditation etc.

bochead Thu 28-Mar-13 18:04:59

A few of us have signed up for various coursera.org free online courses recently.

Not quite the same as getting out and meeting people face to face in terms of breaking the isolation but a start.

eggandcress Thu 28-Mar-13 18:29:01

Are you a member of Carers in Herts?

They run courses for carers during the school day.

I think I saw creative writing and pottery courses (amongst others) in the newsletter

eggandcress Thu 28-Mar-13 18:31:17

www.carersinherts.org.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now