Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Does anyone get dla for aspergers?

(12 Posts)
Crawling Wed 27-Mar-13 11:08:51

Just wondering if its worth applying so does anyone get dla for aspergers? Can I be really nosy and ask what rate you get?

PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg Wed 27-Mar-13 11:15:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 27-Mar-13 11:20:19

I think it depends on how much additional care and support your child needs. We're waiting and would be chuffed with low mobility and middle care. shame they didn't award this when I applied a couple of years ago

autumnsmum Wed 27-Mar-13 11:37:53

Hello my ds aged 8 has high functioning autism and hypotonia and he gets lower rate mobility and middle rate care hath .I would defo apply

DiscoDonkey Wed 27-Mar-13 11:40:28

DS has asd but very high functioning, he get middle rate. My db has aspergers and is in his late 20's. he gets lower rate DLA.

Reecieroo Wed 27-Mar-13 12:00:56

My ds is going thru dx process for as and has a lot of sensory issues and also severe chest problems has had 35+ chest infections since birth and chronic asthma and we were turned down yesterday!!

Reecieroo Wed 27-Mar-13 12:01:31

Oh he is 3.5

Reecieroo Wed 27-Mar-13 12:03:24

He used to get it from 6 months for his chest alone but dla think he has been miraculously cured from 3rd birthday, don't know what they doing in that office lol, but I'm fighting all the way now xx

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 27-Mar-13 12:05:22

There's a knack to filling in the form, Reecieroo. There's a guide published by Cerebra which really helps (go into advanced search on here, you should be able to find a link). I think they look for key words. Ds can't walk very far without pain, they turned him down the last time too. I used the cerebra guide this time so I have hope.

Reecieroo Wed 27-Mar-13 13:24:44

Hi thanks for reply, I processed income support Liam's in the job centre for 7 years before leaving to care for my son so thought I was quite form savvy lol, god knows how people cope if they have no help with these forms. They took him off dla at 3 had no probs before that so I think they are using this fact against me? If I don't win on reconsideration I will complete a new form with cab I think and definitely use cerebra guide this time, I am using points from it for reconsideration. They didn't even ask GP for any info, so feel like they accused me of lying straight off?! These forms are so intrusive, makes me cross when someone posted saying they been awarded and using it to pay off holiday hmm which of course is allowed if it directly benefits the child. But I have far more pressing things that my son would need and benefit from iykwim. Sorry for long post just really annoyed with dla. Thank you for advice.

Reecieroo Wed 27-Mar-13 13:27:27

Claims not Liam's? Stooped ipad lol x

Crawling Wed 27-Mar-13 13:37:42

Thanks all I will send of a for a form and time it so ds peadiatrician can fill out the bit that needs to be done by a HCP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now