Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just to say I miss you all...

(19 Posts)
cupofteaplease Sun 17-Mar-13 20:32:44

Hi,

I've been reading back through my Bea threads, with a view to collecting them together in some way. I've been laughing and crying at the memories, but the overwhelming thought is how bloody WONDERFUL you all were to me at times when I couldn't see the wood for the trees. You always had your own struggles, but never failed to take time to offer me support. I know your advice and encouragement helped me to give Beatrice the lovely life she had.

So that's it really. I miss posting updates, I miss reading your advice, I miss hearing about your children.

I hope you and the smalls are all doing well x

coff33pot Sun 17-Mar-13 20:48:55

Hi cupofteaplease smile Dont be a stranger keep popping in! Would love to keep up with how you and your lovely girls are doing smile

We have always got cake and the kettle on here lol grin

Ineedmorepatience Sun 17-Mar-13 21:02:48

Aahh, how lovely to hear from you cup hope you are taking care of yourself.

And what coff said smile

MerryCouthyMows Sun 17-Mar-13 21:08:46

smile It's really nice to hear from you. I think I may have had a different name, but I'm still me!

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 17-Mar-13 21:12:10

Oh hello. Hope your family are finding ways of remembering that are enjoyable and less painful, and that you are all doing well.

sneezecakesmum Sun 17-Mar-13 21:23:27

Why dont you put all the posts and pictures in an album all together as a wonderful commemoration of Bea's short but radiant life smile

I hope you are all coping and remembering the good times. Incredibly difficult for your whole family.

PolterGoose Sun 17-Mar-13 21:31:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lougle Sun 17-Mar-13 21:44:48

Hi cup, it's lovely to hear from you. If you ever want a friendly place to share those memories - here is still a 'home' for them smile

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sun 17-Mar-13 22:03:34

Hi Cup! Lovely to hear from you. I hope you are coping. Looking forward to you getting your Woolly Hug as well. Bea is still in our hearts. X

Funny, I was just thinking of you and the tea set! (and i was mainly a lurker rather than a regular poster on your threads) your eloquent posts charting Bea's journey brought so much to so many of us. I hope life is kinder to you all now x

starfishmummy Mon 18-Mar-13 09:00:54

Lovely to hear from you cup.
As others have said, you are still in our thoughts; and pop in whenever you feel like it!
xx

bigbluebus Mon 18-Mar-13 11:27:22

Hi cup, lovely of you to pop in. I think about you often and have lurked on your other thread from time to time, but haven't really felt able to post as I thankfully have no experience of what you have been going through.

It would be great if you popped in from time to time to say hi and to keep in touch, but will understand if you don't want to.

Take care of yourself and your lovely family.

ouryve Mon 18-Mar-13 11:31:53

Lovely to "see" you, brew

Tootsandblanket Mon 18-Mar-13 11:44:36

Morning cup how lovely to hear from you. I think of you and our family often. X

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 18-Mar-13 13:12:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frizzcat Mon 18-Mar-13 13:19:16

Waves at Cup - was a lurker on your thread, but think of you often. Nice to see you over here

2old2beamum Wed 03-Apr-13 21:28:13

Oh My Lovely you have nearly made me cry. My Beautiful Boy died 10 years ago age 13 he like your Little Bea had many problems but we were so lucky to have have him 10 years (we adopted when he was 3). The pain never goes but in time I embraced the pain, it is with memories all I have left.
Love to you and your family cup you will really laugh again promise
xx

DisAstrophe Wed 03-Apr-13 21:35:22

Hello Cup smile. I miss hearing about Bea. I didn't post very often on your threads but I wont forget your little girl or your eloquent stories about her and your teaset.

MareeyaDolores Thu 04-Apr-13 01:26:30

I didn't post before as after waiting a few minutes someone always posted and said what I meant, but much better expressed.

From various people I know who have dc much older than ours (some grown-up, some moved-out, some gone upstairs like Bea, even one or two whose disabilities have become much less troublesome now), being a SN mum seems to remain right through old-lady-hood and beyond. Like being a 'resting' actor, a 'lapsed' Catholic, or an 'Irish'-American, maybe. A sort of mutual recognition of SN-parenthood even many years later.

Would be nice to hear about the teaset at some point. But if posting is too painful, I hope you'll lurk sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now