Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Priory Lodge School in Roehampton

(7 Posts)
jkward Sat 02-Mar-13 08:32:12

Does anyone have experience of Priory Lodge School in Roehampton for children with autism?

Schmedz Sun 03-Mar-13 12:40:07

Bump.
It is relatively new ( only running two years now I think) and when I rang to ask, it is quite small in numbers with a high proportion of boys. Not sure it would suit my AS DD but will see how she goes in senior school before reevaluating!

WilsonG Mon 04-Mar-13 23:11:41

Priory Lodge School has now been open for 3 years. The number of pupils initially was very low but has increased to approximately 25 pupils recently. It is purposed bulit school for children on autistic spectrum. Teaching is of a high quality and staff are all very caring and supportive.
My oldest child has now attended this school for 2 years and has made excellent progress. He has been able to access all subjects that he would have been able to in mainstream schooling and will be able to do his GCSEs etc as planned as well as receiving all additional help required.
I would recommend a visit for you and your child to see for yourself. It is an excellent school and my child is very settled there.

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Tue 05-Mar-13 09:37:03

Totally useless input from me but I used to live in Roehampton (went to university there) smile

Exogenesis Wed 14-Aug-13 18:04:34

my DD will be starting in September. I am over the moon. I was really impressed when we went to visit and DD loved her visits before summer, and is really excited about starting. grin

ASDMum1973 Wed 25-Sep-13 17:42:40

I've spent the last 12 months fighting in SEN Tribunal to get my son into this special school. Over the moon that he will be starting next week. They have all the support he needs (SaLT, OT and Ed Psych) can't wait for him to get back into school he's been out for 11 months.

Bodley Sat 04-Nov-17 18:21:15

Bumping this thread - anyone have any feedback about this school? Anyone with kids here? Please help!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: