Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

day 10 post tribunal and still nothing .......... the waiting is horrible!

(15 Posts)
babiki Tue 26-Feb-13 13:04:59

Oh no sad solicitor said he will call once he knows, but not sure how does he find out..

bjkmummy Tue 26-Feb-13 12:16:44

Just out of interest from anyone who had been through tribunal - how does the decision come - normal post, recorded or special?

bjkmummy Tue 26-Feb-13 12:09:38

No news yet - post man been and gone sad

babiki Tue 26-Feb-13 09:57:33

That is such a silly coinsidence with the house!
You know statistically your type of appeal has a high rate of parents winning though!
I spoke to the preschool teacher (who was at the tribunal) first time since the tribunal and she also thought the panel was not very 'neutral'. She is convinced though that my 'closing speech' must have won it smile. Oh well we will see.
Regarding moving, got a notice from landlord yesterday, so looking for a house as well sad
Good luck and let me know, I even dreamt about you yesterday!

bjkmummy Mon 25-Feb-13 23:31:30

If nothing comes in the post tomorrow I will give them a ring as it's then officially 2 weeks

Nigel1 Mon 25-Feb-13 22:48:27

More than 10 working days after the hearing? Give the Decisions Team a ring at SEND.

bjkmummy Mon 25-Feb-13 10:49:50

decided against chasing them until it goes past the 2 weeks. i feel the same babiki that we have lost. i think i feel like that as the tribunal was nothing like i expected to be and because the LA moved the goalposts on the day so felt blind sided and it did throw me on the day so feel like i didnt argue strongly enough but our evidence was over whelming but i still feel like its not going to be a good result.

we will move if we lose as i cannot go through another 2 years like we have had. my plan seem to be working well until my friend told me today that the house we are looking at may well be one owned by someone in the LA who we had real issues with through the process. my plan was to do our exit strategy quietly without anyone knowing in the LA but that may be a bit difficult now! this is the downside of living in the smallest county in the country or even just moving just over the border

babiki Mon 25-Feb-13 09:54:37

nothing as well, it will be 2 weeks on Friday.
Are you going to chase them up or leave it?
btw I have convinced myself we have lost, can't explain why, just a feeling..

amumtothree Mon 25-Feb-13 08:53:19

Nothing to add. I just wanted to wish you luck and a speedy answer.

bjkmummy Mon 25-Feb-13 08:24:41

nothing yet and i doubt it will come today either as unlikely it would have been posted on saturday. so tomorrow is 2 weeks so maybe might be then or who knows when! i was reading something yesterday and a guy who went to tribunal was emailed the decision the very next day! i could only dream of that.

have you geard anything yet babiki? mine was about parts 2 3 4 and for an independent placement so guess its not going to be a quick turnaround.

babiki Mon 25-Feb-13 07:33:25

Still nothing?

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 22-Feb-13 19:52:09

I wasn't informed of any delay when we waited 6 weeks.

TBH, I wouldn't worry about the doctors note. I think 'waiting result of tribunal appeal against inappropriate placement' is a good enough reason for being out of school.

babiki Fri 22-Feb-13 16:23:54

Oh you poor thing sad

Icedcakeandflower Fri 22-Feb-13 12:14:02

I think it's still worth ringing them, bjkmummy - what can they do to you if you "clog up the system" grin

When I applied for dla, I couldn't wait to find out, and rang up although there was a recorded message asking people not to ring before x date if they applied after y date. No one shouted at me when I did, and I found out grin

bjkmummy Fri 22-Feb-13 12:08:48

i know could still have a bit of a wait ahead of me but i sort of lived in cloud cuckoo land and hoped the decision would be reasonable quick as in my mind the evidence is of course overwhelming and also he has been out of school so long.

his doctors note runs out next week so was hoping i wouldnt have to go and get another one - think my GP probably fed up of us by now. that said when she gave us a 4 week one last time, the EWO finally contacted her which of course panicked me 2 weeks before tribunal but to date the EWO has made absolutely no contact with me whatsoever!

he has now been out of school full time for 6 weeks with absolutely no education and not a peep from anyone.

half of me thinks maybe i should phone the tribunal but they did say at the hearing not to phone before the 2 weeks as it cloggs up the system if we start chasing it??? they also said we would be informed if there was to be a delay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now