Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SS report gone missing

(7 Posts)
ssmess Fri 18-Jan-13 12:03:58

I've namechanged for this thread, am usually a lurker.

Last month I had a malicious referral about me to SS. It was supposedly about the state of our home (we are about to move so things had understandably got a bit chaotic) but really far more to do with certain people being hostile to me and DS (who has ASD and has a place at a local oversubscribed school).

Fortunately, I got a glowing report back from school, a report from our GP saying he had no concerns and SS have completed an initial assessment and decided to close the case.

They emailed to say they'd sent the report in the post, but after a week I chased it up as it hadn't arrived. They have sent the report now by email, but I'm very worried about the copy that went missing in the post. It could be in anyone's hands now. Is there anything I can do to make them investigate?

bjkmummy Fri 18-Jan-13 13:24:11

I would out it in writing again that you are concerned/not happy. I would be concerned as well and you would think that such sensitive information would be sent recorded delivery so I would ask them how they have sent it. No it doesn't really help you not knowing where it is but it may help them to think about sending it out recorded delivery to the next people who have a report done

ssmess Sat 19-Jan-13 15:39:54

Thanks for replying bjkmummy. I am going to put in a complaint. I don't expect them to be able to trace the report but I do want it logged in the system that I'm not happy about it.

I'm also going to make a Data Protection request to make sure they have passed on all the evidence received, the SW was particularly incompetent and I expect there is a lot on file that I wouldn't know about if I don't go digging for it.

Veritate Sat 19-Jan-13 15:49:42

Do you think they actually did send it? Wondering whether they're using the "lost in the post" thing as an excuse for the fact that they forgot.

ssmess Mon 21-Jan-13 11:22:57

I was emailed to let me know that it was in the post, so I think they must have sent it. I've received post for other houses here, so it might well have been an issue with Royal Mail. But if they'd sent it by recorded delivery, that wouldn't have been an issue - that's something I'll be flagging up as an issue.

vjg13 Mon 21-Jan-13 17:55:11

I was sent the wrong statement by our Lea. It was also sent to the head of nursery and others. It had all the reports attached. The lea claimed to not have sent out my daughter's to the wrong people but who knows. I insisted that the other family were informed.

Do definitely complain.

montage Tue 22-Jan-13 20:23:03

Ask them to look at their copy of the report and read the address on it as written.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now