Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ed Psych visit - ABA

(7 Posts)
sencop Tue 15-Jan-13 08:48:17

We have an EP visit today for a report for Tribunal and update on IEP.

We have just instructed an ABA consultant. The programme has not yet started.

I don't want the EP to recommend behaviour management strategies which may conflict. Should I mention this to the EP (who has been helpful to date but who can tell how he will be now the LA are facing Tribunal) or leave it?

Dev9aug Tue 15-Jan-13 08:52:48

Depends if the EP was instructed by you or is it an LA bod?

Are you trying to get funding for ABA?

sencop Tue 15-Jan-13 08:56:46

LA bod.

Not applying for funding at the moment. It hasn't been set up. It will be quite light tough as DS is high functioning.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 15-Jan-13 10:43:21

Even if you're not asking for it now, there is the fear that you might indoctrinate personnel.

Also, when you say ABA, most people imagine an intensive programme of 40hours a week so although you are using the right term, they probably won't receive the right message.

Could you just say that you have brought in a behaviour consultant to help the school with strategies?

sencop Tue 15-Jan-13 10:46:44

Yes - yes, I could. Great idea!

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 15-Jan-13 16:57:50

How did it go?

sencop Tue 15-Jan-13 17:18:38

Well it seemd to go really well and EP was very supportive. Head and senco and our own SLT explained how much support was required and how variable it was and EP seemed to agree

But the proof of the pudding is in the eating! I shall wait to get the report.

Just mentioned the behavioural therapist as they were about to set IEP targets on his ground.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now