Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I have to finish a form, please stop me mumsnetting....

(18 Posts)
hazeyjane Sun 13-Jan-13 15:17:22

So far I have been on a thread about muffins and the name Bilbo, I clearly need help....

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sun 13-Jan-13 15:23:15

I'm MNing instead of getting DS2 do his homework. It's due in tomorrow! Aargh!

auntevil Sun 13-Jan-13 15:28:54

I'm writing up notes for a genetics meeting this week - family history etc etc.
Whoops no I'm not, I'm on MN blush
Just remind yourself that you can only concentrate at your finest for 15 minutes or so, then you need a rest - or MN. So in effect, when you go back top your form hazey - your answers will be more focussed, and Ellen - DS2's homework - when started - will be pulitzer prize winning (if literacy of course grin )

hazeyjane Sun 13-Jan-13 15:34:43

Ok, just did a bit of form, so now feel better.

Glad it is not just me!

I hate this form, the questions are all, 'my hopes and dreams for the future...', now considering this is about ds, I can pretty well state that his actual hopes and dreams involve - mummy letting me eat a jar of chocolate spread with my hand, wearing my fireman Sam pyjamas everyday, watching fireman Sam on a loop, and spending all my days getting carried around by mummy - however I'm not sure how this would translate to getting support in a preschool setting!

Good luck with the genetics thing, Auntevil, I had to do it over the phone with the genetics nurse, which took me by surprise, and found raking up family history quite hard.

Right, bit more form....

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sun 13-Jan-13 15:39:43

It is English. He has to read the first chapter of a book of his choice and summarise it. Next week he has to do a character portrait, following week a mind map etc. He's Y8. I could just leave dS1 to get on with it, but I need to be DS2's TA...

Right, just told him it's time for homework, can you hear the screams?

auntevil Sun 13-Jan-13 15:52:34

He's loud isn't he! grin

hazeyjane Sun 13-Jan-13 15:57:53

<earplugs in for Ellen's ds>

Just had to go and make a smorgasbord of snacks for dd's who are watching Brave, I am determined that my next post will say I have finished it.

hazeyjane Sun 13-Jan-13 15:58:19

Oh no!!!

Dh is home with ds - no chance now!

auntevil Sun 13-Jan-13 16:24:23

Just realised, it wasn't your DS shouting hazey - it was you when you saw DH and DS come home. grin

hazeyjane Sun 13-Jan-13 18:21:05

Oh blimey I can see the AIBU thread now,

AIBU to leave my disabled son to shout and scream for me, whilst I mumsnet upstairs with earplugs in...'

Trying to get ds to sleep, super early so I can get on the form.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sun 13-Jan-13 18:35:37

<smug> I've DS2 has finished his homework! Now to de-louse DS3, bath them and make tea. Thank God I don't have to bath DS1! (15)

zzzzz Sun 13-Jan-13 19:02:00

Thank you. I go to homework, make spare room bed and food and set up for this weeks HE ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hazeyjane Tue 15-Jan-13 13:49:06

Phew, finished form. Early Years Support worker just came over to go through it, and said she thought it was all good, so she is going to type it all up, amd hopefully Statement/pathfinder meeting will be around the 20th Feb.

By the way, zzzzz - i wrote a paragraph at the end, which she particularly loved (she said it was, and I quote, 'beautiful'!)

We believe a child should always be willingly attracted to more independence, not pushed towards it, and that the focus should be on self confidence not separation, and hope that that will build a strong stable young man.

<thankyou>

zzzzz Tue 15-Jan-13 15:00:25

hazey thank you so much for saying that. I have a particularly daunting evening ahead and have been feeling utterly inadequate, I shall have a secret happy thought to get me through.

Now if they will just listen to you.

porridgelover Tue 15-Jan-13 19:03:55

Wow, thats a lovely statement at the end. Lucky mini-hazey.

hazeyjane Tue 15-Jan-13 19:15:28

oh, zzzzz, I hope your daunting evening goes ok, here for a handhold if you need it.

Porridgelover, it is a lovely statement, and written by the very eloquent zzzzz. Just to embarrass you further, I have that whole post written out and stuck on the fridge, it summed up in a very succinct way how I feel about being a parent.

Yes, I won't hold my breath about being listened too, but for tonight, I am going to have a glass of chilled Prosecco, to celebrate finishing that awful form!

zzzzz Wed 16-Jan-13 13:41:47

It was fine. I don't get out much now and so I get nervous before even quite normal events. I am pathetic really and have decided 2013 is my year to get a grip.

hazeyjane Wed 16-Jan-13 14:58:29

I'm glad it was fine. You are not pathetic, mind you this is coming from a woman who has vomited and passed out before driving tests - so I may have to borrow that grip from you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now