Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

can I have whine with the only people who will understand??

(12 Posts)
devientenigma Mon 07-Jan-13 08:10:54

Last year DH who is employed by the council had to reapply for his job in order to find redundancies. It's happening again this year round. It's our last day to reapply otherwise it's an automatic redundancy for failure to submit the application forms. Anyway the questions are too hard to answer the way they have done it this time round and I am getting little out of DH. Looks as though we face redundancy sad

(DH has SEN.)

ArthurPewty Mon 07-Jan-13 08:23:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RollingThunder Mon 07-Jan-13 08:32:54

Oh god, really feel for you, any way you can just fill it in with something? Even if its no good, its a small chance, which is better than automatic redundancy? Or find the one he did last time - and take it from there?

RollingThunder Mon 07-Jan-13 08:39:53

or are you friends with any of his work colleagues who might be prepared to help? (longshot)

devientenigma Mon 07-Jan-13 09:19:27

I think we are going to have to just put anything and hope for the best.

Leonie, DH has LD's but no dx, attended SS.

Firsttimer7259 Mon 07-Jan-13 09:27:15

Get him to put in something or contact work about inability to put in something and asj what he could do
Good luck

starfishmummy Mon 07-Jan-13 09:40:45

Perhaps he can ask for an extention on the frounds of his SEN? Equality Act??

lougle Mon 07-Jan-13 09:41:31

Surely he'd be protected a little under the Equalities Act. Do they not have a duty to make the application form accessible?

devientenigma Mon 07-Jan-13 10:09:13

I'm unsure, although DH will only think it's fair if he has the same allocated time as everyone else. Apparently they are all struggling with the application.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 07-Jan-13 16:20:28

Ah now. Could you tolerate puting the questions here?

PolterGoose Mon 07-Jan-13 18:02:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

devientenigma Wed 09-Jan-13 22:18:14

ah shucks, wish I had of put the Q's on here now, you lot are so kind and so knowledgable. A friend told me how to break down the answers to get the information from him, so at least he has something in. Will find out a week on Friday if he's redundant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now