Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ADOS report came in post , got a few questions...

(8 Posts)
SadieChanges Fri 21-Dec-12 14:38:40

Ds 2 had the ados a few weeks ago. I may be misguided but I thought the report would give a score of some sort?

It describes what happened and has all the information we gave. It says he meets the criteria and diagnosis is ASD.

His preschool said they thought he was a 6 or 7 whatever that means? Can I ring and ask for more info or do you pass or fail this test , is there a score so I would know how severe he is?

I'm expecting him to be fairly severe as completely non verbal at 26 months and hard to engage etc. I had built up this report into something in my head and it tells me nothing I don't already know!

Nice early Christmas present , getting it in black and white eh?

Tiggles Fri 21-Dec-12 14:48:56

I never got the scores for DS1, but they went through them for me with DS2. I don't know if they vary by age, but DS2 had his aged 6. There were scores in 3 areas, each had a different 'pass mark' which if you had a score higher than in each area it was an ASD dx.
Each 'question' was scored out of 2, 0 being there was no problem, 2 being a big problem. Sometimes a child could score 1, but not on all areas e.g. eye contact is 2 or a 0.
The passmarks varied by area, e.g. on one you had to just score2, others you had to score 10(ish).
DS scored double the cutoff in one area, whilst only being a few over on another, which means that he will have quite specific difficulties in school apparently.

WeWilsonAMerryChristmas Fri 21-Dec-12 16:09:11

I didn't get a copy of the scores, they went through them verbally though. Have you had an appt with the pead to review the results?

Sorry about the timing of the dx, that sucks.

SadieChanges Fri 21-Dec-12 23:34:13

Thanks for the replies , nobody went through the scores verbally and no follow up appointment with paediatrician mentioned . It just says 9-12 months time they review it at the clinic ? I'm moving from the area next month which will help long term as near to family etc but will probably delay any help he might receive I suppose.

blackeyedsusan Fri 21-Dec-12 23:50:07

oh heck. not good.

we are waiting til after christmas for the results. it seems forever.

MovingOnNow Sat 22-Dec-12 12:29:01

Hi another one waiting for result, have meeting mid Jan. The timing is utterly shite. I am finding the thought of being sociable over Christmas quite difficult. I just don't want to talk about it to anyone but my son's behaviour is very noticeable now! I will be okay chatting once I know the outcomes, we can start to move forward Then. But right now I am on tenterhooks and I don't want to hear anyone's opinion about it, I'm done with that now.

crappypatty Sat 22-Dec-12 21:55:17

Our report was the same, I rang and they gave me feedback and scores over the phone.

blackeyedsusan Sat 22-Dec-12 21:57:41

moving on... know that feeling. good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now