Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The infrequent highs!

(3 Posts)
NoPinkPlease Wed 19-Dec-12 19:31:41

Last week ds (5), poss ASD, poss attachment issues took part just like all the NT kids in the school nativity and enjoyed himself. I blubbed the moment he appeared <before getting a grip at the end> grin

Then just had a note in the book bag saying thank you for the hard work we do with him with phonics and that it's making a real difference and he's doing so well he can move on to 'captions' which I presume are the new things in his bag.

And today the salt said I was a lovely mum and couldn't be doing any more for my ds. I'm not sure that's quite right but still nice for someone to say it.

I hope this doesn't sound gloaty but the positives seem so significant in a sea of talking about diagnoses and support needs. And absolutely nowhere else I could share this without sounding a complete arse.

Just some nice glimmers of hope... Anyone got any others?

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Wed 19-Dec-12 19:38:08

Hah, not really! But really glad you have had a positive time of it, lately. smile

SilkStalkings Fri 21-Dec-12 22:56:58

Oh we'll done you. It's always hard to take compliments/positive critique on SN parenting, you're so used to second guessing yourself and not expecting people to understand how hard you work, it's a shock when it happens.grin
We had DS2's autism assessment last month (dx: autism + PDA) and I only cried because they said we were obviously doing all the right things as he was making such good progress. DH thought they were going to offer me a job!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now