Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

aspie ds1 very hyper today, I can't engage him to get him out of it...help!!!

(11 Posts)
ShrekTh3Halls Sun 16-Dec-12 11:56:57

sometimes he can be high but our strategies work. Today they're not working and he's so giddy and hyper that someone's going to get hurt... he's 12.

TheNebulousBoojum Sun 16-Dec-12 12:02:10

So, what usually works?

colditz Sun 16-Dec-12 12:02:38

Computer time?

TheNebulousBoojum Sun 16-Dec-12 12:14:02

Is your house full of Christmas glitter? Is he still at MS school which can be chaotic and exhausting at this time of year?
With mine:
hot bath
time in his bedroom with lego
familiar DVD
Several other soothing activities that are very specific and would out me!

What usually works for him?
What is different today in the situation?

Ineedpigsinblankets Sun 16-Dec-12 12:19:12

Do you have a large open space nearby you could take him too??
It is sometimes hard to get out at this time off year, maybe he needs to burn it off.

Not easy if you have homework or shopping to do.

Good lucksmile

APMom Sun 16-Dec-12 12:50:47

My DS is a bit wired today too, we're going to have dinner and then go swimming - that always calms him down.

SecretSantaRecipientFromMN092 Sun 16-Dec-12 13:11:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChristmasTreegles Sun 16-Dec-12 14:47:44

No good suggestions, sorry. DS2 (and DS3 tbh) is absolutely wired today as well. It's these days that makes me consider stapling him to the wall by his shirt. grin

Alas, I have no staples.... grin

shutupaboutstarwars Sun 16-Dec-12 16:08:54

very firm cuddle seems to help my ds1. and not letting go until he calms down a bit. think this will get more difficult to do as he gets older. I've seen some of the clothes online where they will provide pressure as way of helping to calm some asd types down and am unsure if that will help mine at all. (I also think that the heavy blankets look fantastic for me for when I am having another insomniac night, but my husband look at me funny when I try to suggest it)

ShrekTh3Halls Sun 16-Dec-12 20:21:56

(looks for staple gun) wink

well after an exhausting two hours i decided to give him a written set of orders plan grin
which involved pet cleaning out, chill out time with lego, help with potato peeling (awesome calming strategy apparentlyhmm ) and me taking out the other dc so that it was just him and DH at home. i think ds2 was contributing to hyping him up more than was quite necessary and that cycle had to be broken.
blimey, I'm worn out wine

signandsmile Mon 17-Dec-12 08:16:33

my ds too... odd combination of bouncing around and being 'away with the fairies' (family term for zoning out blush) at the same time.

one more week of school..... arghhhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now