Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Claiming DLA again after it finished

(5 Posts)
SallyBear Thu 06-Dec-12 16:05:07

DD had DLA HRC for 8 years and LRM for 3 years. It finished in 2008. I have a new claim pack as her needs now require a lot of intervention from me at night.
Has anyone else had to claim again years after the original claim finished?

pinkorkid Thu 06-Dec-12 16:20:45

Hi Sally Bear, We've had a gap between claims for dd1 when her severe eczema was briefly in remission before coming back with a vengeance. I don't think it matters whether it's a day or several years. If there is a gap, it's just treated like a new claim.

SallyBear Thu 06-Dec-12 16:42:48

Oh good! I can't find the last claim pack, but it was dated in 2005! They only give you six weeks to fill it in now! Mine is due in on 1st January, I am going to make a start tonight.

everynameistaken Thu 06-Dec-12 16:51:25

No help with your question, sorry.

But just wanted to give you wine wine wine as if you've filled them in before you'll need it once you've finished smile

(yes that is 3 very large glasses.....might even stretch to a bottle)

SallyBear Thu 06-Dec-12 18:04:23

Everynameistaken. Thank you kindly! Yes I have had two dc with DLA, but never at the same time. The wine will come in handy tonight. I hate filling them in. They really are the pits but a necessary evil. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now