Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Friggin Glue Ear

(6 Posts)
StarOfLightMcKings3 Tue 04-Dec-12 15:59:21

So Ds has Glue ear again. I suspected 3 months ago. Finally through lots of persuading managed to by-pass various stalling hearing tests delivered by audiologist s of variable competencies with children with ASD and go directly to consultant who Dx significant hearing loss and referred for grommets some time after Christmas.

We're lucky. I know the system and jumped the queue but DS will have had almost 5 months of expensive therapy that he has not been benefitting properly from.

So many inefficiencies in our system.

Dev9aug Tue 04-Dec-12 17:05:32

So many inefficiencies in our system.

yup, I have no idea how these people can claim to be so busy and in reality do so little.

Hopefully the grommets will be able to restore the hearing loss.

StarOfLightMcKings3 Tue 04-Dec-12 17:08:10

And the worst thing is that dd has exactly the same appointment with the same consultant but at a different hospital TOMMOROW hmm

StarOfLightMcKings3 Tue 04-Dec-12 17:14:46

And a strange other thing. We had a timed appointment but many there were taking tickets and waiting. Amongst them were in-patients accompanied by nurses.

So a nurse is being paid to sit in a ticket queue hmm. Surely those patients should just be fast-tracked?

Dev9aug Tue 04-Dec-12 17:42:44

grin honestly, you couldn't make it up if you tried. grin

Dev9aug Tue 04-Dec-12 17:45:31

They could be fast tracked, but there would be certain people who would be up in arms about the fact that somebody jumped the queue, but agree with you efficient use of resources in NHS is something which I cannot see happening in my lifetime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now