Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Delayed emotions!

(3 Posts)
coff33pot Sat 01-Dec-12 18:42:44

DDs hamsters died nearly 2 years ago now? Middle dd was in tears the cat ate one and the other just lost the will to carry on without his mate. DS when told said "awsome can I have a look?" Gave middle dd a strange curious look at her crying and waited expectantly to view the corpses.

Today out of the blue he burst into tears and started saying how upset he was about the hamsters! confused

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 01-Dec-12 19:08:32

Oh bless him. I expect he is just processing the past with tools he has just developed. Perhaps he just didn't understand it at the time and was confused but now he does he's sad.

coff33pot Sun 02-Dec-12 00:07:54

You could be right star as today was definitely a death and dying stage from start to finish!

What triggered it off I think was DH with his man flu I asked if he was ok and he said I just need to die and then I will be a lot happier. He was joking of course but I think unkown to us DS had mulled his feelings over on this point as this would be a serious convo to ds not a joke.

Hence the sudden working it out and bursting into tears I suppose, we followed that with the rabbit that died a couple months back too.

All afternoon it was "mum have you ever met my great great great grandad?" I wish I had" or I like this song is he still alive? confused

He definitely had the blues is all I can say is that he requested a Johnny Cash CD grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now