Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

That literal thinking again

(5 Posts)
Lougle Fri 30-Nov-12 07:50:33

DD2 heard me taking about a birthday and asked me what I was talking about. I said 'DD1's birthday it's on Monday, but don't tell her!'

Two minutes later (loud voice): 'DD3, it's DD1's birthday on Monday, but don't tell her!'

I said DD2! And she replied "What??? I didn't tell DD1!" grin

Strongecoffeeismydrug Fri 30-Nov-12 07:58:13

smile well she didn't lol

Lougle Fri 30-Nov-12 11:49:24

Trying to finger knit. Computer is in front of her. Wool on the seat beside her. I'm beside her.

She wants to get out of the seat and says she can't because the wool is beside her and she can't get out.

I say 'well what do you need to say?'

She says 'I don't know'.

I say 'Excuse me?'

She says 'But wool can't talk!'

grin

I meant that I could move for her if she said excuse me. She thought the problem was the wool.

WilsonFrickett Fri 30-Nov-12 12:15:37

DS has a lovely friend with Asperger's.

Friend: Where's the toilet?
DS: just behind the door

Footsteps, not leading to the toilet. Wilson springs to her feet just in time to stop the child going for a wee. Not in the toilet. Just behind the door. Lesson learned about literality (is that a word hmm?)

Your DD sounds lovely grin

Can you tell I'm loving the Scottish Smileys today? wink

everynameistaken Fri 30-Nov-12 15:54:08

Ahh Wilson reminded me of a toilet escapade we had.

Looking around camping shop, lots of different tents all named as usual. Then the 'toilet tent'.

We came out of one of the large family tents to see our 2 DS coming out of the toilet tent pulling up their trousers, and a family nearby killing themselves laughing.

Well it did say toilet tent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now