Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Lucy has her statment!! I'm so happy for her.

(16 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Wed 28-Nov-12 20:06:10

Hi, I know some of you have been following our story for quite some time so I wanted to let you know that Lucy has her statment.

She can now go to school full-time and has a one to one all the time she's there, inc breaks and lunch time. They are even going to fund some staff training for her. The only sad thing is that her test results were werse than I expected and she's been diagnosed with severe learning difficulties, rather than moderate as she was two years ago. Oh well, it's onward and upward now. She loves her school and her one to one lady is wonderful with her.

She's made lots of new friends and everyone wants to play with her including the boys! She actually made one boy cry, as she couldn't hold his hand as she had a girl on each side, so she said he could hold her jumper, which he did! grin.

Finding this school and getting the statment has been a dream come true. I'm so happy for Lucy. smile

IndigoBelle Wed 28-Nov-12 20:09:43

So pleased to hear this news. (besides the bit about SLD)

Hope things continue to go well for Lucy.

TheLightPassenger Wed 28-Nov-12 20:10:09

I'm glad you have got Lucy back into school and it's going well.

Ineedalife Wed 28-Nov-12 20:16:11

Good news, mummysmile

mummyloveslucy Wed 28-Nov-12 20:17:25

Thank you both. smile I didn't think Lucy would be able to cope in any school, because I never imagined she would get all the help she needs. It also takes the pressure off me, and I can relax a bit. We enjoy each others company more now.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Wed 28-Nov-12 20:21:01

That's great news about her school. She sounds like she's enjoying it, so far. smile This is a MS school?

mummyloveslucy Wed 28-Nov-12 20:24:12

Yes it is. Our ed psych has pretty much said that she doesn't think MS secondery would be right for Lucy, but we'll think about that when the time comes.

bialystockandbloom Wed 28-Nov-12 20:42:07

Well done! I remember your story from years back, and know it hasn't been easy or straightforward for you, so I am so pleased that she finally has the support she needs and is happy at school smile

Lougle Wed 28-Nov-12 21:21:57

MLL I could jump for joy! How wonderful for you and Lucy. I am incredibly pleased for you and glad that Lucy is getting the support now to thrive.

LateDeveloper Wed 28-Nov-12 22:52:28

Another one who remember reading previous threads. So pleased your lovely dd and you are finally getting some solid support

mummyloveslucy Thu 29-Nov-12 18:05:34

Thank you! smile

beautifulgirls Thu 29-Nov-12 18:38:57

That is great news. So pleased for you both.

Littlefish Thu 29-Nov-12 18:41:36

Brilliant news about the statement MLL. I too have followed your and Lucy's progress over the last few years and it's really good to hear that things are moving forward. Sorry the test results were not as good as you hoped though.

LIZS Thu 29-Nov-12 18:43:45

Excellent news , so pleased she will get the support she deserves and you can all move forward.smile

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 29-Nov-12 18:52:37

Great news indeedsmile

mummyloveslucy Fri 30-Nov-12 17:40:28

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now