Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Talk Tools bite blocks, anyone know a good place to buy them?

(15 Posts)
hanbee Mon 26-Nov-12 19:55:41

Evening all!

My son is using these with his speech therapist at his CDC nursery but as there is only one set in the whole of Cornwall (yes really) its been suggested that I may want to try and purchase a set for him. I'm quite happy to do this, well obviously I think it should be provided, but I have DLA for him so I can use this to get some that we can also use at home. However, I can only find them for sale in the US, they only UK ones seem to be sold in sets of 2.

Could anyone be kind enough to point me in the direction of some?

Thanks

Han

moondog Mon 26-Nov-12 20:21:44

I know that Risca Solomon uses them. She is great and would I am sure be helpful if you contacted her to ask about getting some.

jomaman Mon 26-Nov-12 21:27:29

hi, have you tried here:

www.eg-training.co.uk/talktools/product.php?category=Jaw

Jaw Grading Bite Blocks (you need to scroll down)

They come in sets of 2, i.e. one set for each side of the jaw, in differing sizes. Did your SALT say they needed more than 2 sets? For ds1 we used 2 sets, starting at the thinnest and moving up to thicker ones.

hth

PleasantSpice Mon 26-Nov-12 21:27:43

Thanks Moondog wink, we need to catch up soon! EG Training is the UK stockist for Talk Tools, let me know if you can't find them and I'll post a link when on my PC.

PleasantSpice Mon 26-Nov-12 21:32:39

Thanks jomaman, we posted at same time! That is who stocks them for UK.

moondog Mon 26-Nov-12 22:34:55

Indeed Pleasant!
I have just been reading your blog actually after I posted the link.
You people are so industrious and your new therapy premises are fab!

We have some very interesting research being set up with OT.
I'll tell you about it when you come to our conference as you must (date not set yet but May sometime probably).

PleasantSpice Tue 27-Nov-12 06:00:29

You need to set a date soon! My diary is full until middle of July at present. Not sure I'm going to make it to ABAI as there are 2 courses in Europe I want to go to at the same time. Tough decisions......

moondog Tue 27-Nov-12 07:26:00

That's CH's decision not mine!
I'll see him later this week so shall remind him.
I'm not doing ABAI this year but have been offered some lecturing work in California in February which coincides with California conference.

Great to hear business is booming for you. smile

PleasantSpice Tue 27-Nov-12 17:43:08

Not really that great as it means that there are lots if children with autism and related disabilities that need our help sad

moondog Tue 27-Nov-12 17:51:36

True.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 27-Nov-12 19:04:03

www.talktools.com

The above is the actual website, I hope they can ship to the UK.

Many more US based firms do offer international shipping these days so this company may also do so as well.

HTH

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 27-Nov-12 19:06:56

From their website:-

I am ordering from outside the U.S. Do you have a regional TalkTools® distributor with 
whom I can place an order?

Several companies serve as international distributors of TalkTools® products. Please consider ordering through one of our distributors if located near you. You will save both time and money by doing so.

It may be that you can order directly from them as well.

hanbee Wed 28-Nov-12 17:50:38

Thanks all. Not sure I need two sets, that wasn't mentioned. Will double check when I see his SALT on Monday.

X

2MuchT Tue 11-Dec-12 22:31:34

Hi Hanbee - I've been told to get these too by our speech therapist and was just searching on line for an alternative or cheaper supplier when I saw your message. I also don't think we need two sets and its only available as 2. Would be good to save some money so If you have bought this already could I maybe purchase your spare set from you?

sneezecakesmum Tue 11-Dec-12 22:38:12

Just a word of warning, buying from the US (which I have several times) is horrendously expensive for postage. £40 for a lycra vest shock Postage only that is!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now