Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Grrrrrrr

(4 Posts)
NoPinkPlease Mon 19-Nov-12 20:39:24

Top up funding turned down and apparently no reasons available. Am so angry. May be back later with more reasoned post and useful questions but for now, just why? Just fuck off, useless special needs support system. Why is it so fucking difficult? Argh.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 19-Nov-12 20:54:28

What's top up funding and what is it for?

NoPinkPlease Mon 19-Nov-12 22:03:44

School action plus funding - topping up the 15 hours of funding the school is supposed to be spending out of its delegated budget on my ds. Apparently they didn't give any reasons and their is no route for the school to appeal. It's also seen as the stage before a statement and as we're about to appeal the refusal at the decision whether to assess stage, I was hoping that would be helpful. So, we're going to ask the local authority panel for the section of the minutes of the meeting where it was decided with a freedom of info request if necessary and appeal the statement anyway and see what happens. But it's just so pants.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 20-Nov-12 08:59:57

I'm guessing that by refusing they are trying to show that your Ds isn't even 'likely' to need a statement.

However, funding is not your concern really. The School has a duty to meet your child's needs and they should take it up with the LA if they have not been given the resources to do that,

In the meantime, ask for a copy of the request for funding from the school as this coukd help you with your appeal (and it is always sensible to get a feel for how far the school have been prepared to go so far).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now