Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SALT success - ooops ; )

(6 Posts)
bochead Mon 19-Nov-12 19:37:20

SALT & emotional skills training is going great guns, (we've been able to start work on words having more than one meaning this term - which I'm over the moon about!). His sense of humour is also developing at an astonishing rate - mostly at my expense.

On hearing my best mate is about to become a Grand mother - " That's like Darth Vader offering to make his Mum a nice cup of tea".
(shame the audience included my best mate blush)

In response to his ill-mannered Dad's last contact visit, where he took us out for a meal - "Dad's too rude, so I got you a date book for your birthday Mum. You'd better use it! I'm going to make sure of it!"

He's 8, and I'm currently learning the hard way that more sophisticated language skills carry their own burden it seems. Deffo not a child to take amongst the Boden/blue rinse brigade without a rhino hide for protection.

Ineedalife Mon 19-Nov-12 19:55:03

Dd3 saw a toddler walk into the road the other day, the mother panicked and ran a grabbed her.

Dd3 says in a really loud voice "Stupid lady, you are supposed to hold on to babies"blushshock

What could I saygrin

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 19-Nov-12 20:03:32

LOL Is this NHS SALT Boch?

Ineed that's actually pretty good social awareness to notice, even if the commenting needs work.

Ineedalife Mon 19-Nov-12 20:05:25

grin

Its all about rules star

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 19-Nov-12 20:06:35

Ah, well Ds woukd be staring at some pattern on the ground assessing its likeness to a tape measure and totally oblivious to babies in roads.

bochead Mon 19-Nov-12 20:32:46

The NHS salt has managed to tap into DS's very dry and sarcastic sense of humour - he has her in stitches, but she's been able to work miracles. It's hard to believe how far he's come from the constant oral stimming of Year 1. (I doubt she'll stay in the NHS forever as the good professionals seem to get fed up and leave in my neck of the woods sad )

Ineed - it is indeed all about rules. Granny's are supposed to be soft cuddly gently spoken souls, not night club bouncers, that Mum invites round when she's having issues wiv 'er sarf landan neighbours. Dad's are supposed to be polite at the table - not drunkenly chat up the waitresses in front of their kids blush. Now DS can use cutlery he has certain standards you know wink.

I'm beginning to think it may be better if DS stays under the table for the annual round of tutty distant relatives visits at Xmas though - if he comes out it's sure to lead to fun & games this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now