Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Moondog Training - Quick Link to location poll

(16 Posts)
messmonster Sun 18-Nov-12 21:44:01

Evening all.

For anyone interested in attending the Moondog training event that we're trying to pull together, here's the link to a poll where you can vote for your preferred locations.

Choose all the ones you can attend. We will go then with the majority choice and try to find a suitable, low-cost venue there.

For more info on what we're trying to achieve, here's the original thread

Thanks everyone who's voted so far. Will probably draw a line under this on Wednesday this week so please get your votes in before Weds eve.

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 18-Nov-12 22:19:03

If there is anyone excluded due to location, is there anything we can do to help with transport/accommodation/childcare?

I could put someone up if it was close to me. Our house is tiny with just one bathroom but if the visitor didn't mind I'd be happy to.

saintlyjimjams Mon 19-Nov-12 09:17:40

I've added and said Bristol or Oxford, although I'd prefer Oxford.

saintlyjimjams Mon 19-Nov-12 09:19:19

Oh fgs I seem to have added myself twice now! Er is anyone able to delete one of my lines!

devientenigma Mon 19-Nov-12 09:31:34

the poll didn't work for me, what did I do wrong?

saintlyjimjams Mon 19-Nov-12 09:59:58

It probably did, because when I redid mine, thinking it hadn't worked, I appeared twice! Maybe refresh the page again.

silverfrog Mon 19-Nov-12 11:54:57

I have added myself, but obviously attendance will depend on how things are nearer the time - mostly ds, as i don't think he will be that compliant come February, and wrestling a baby all day while trying to take note of important stuff is not my idea of fun grin

like Star, though, if it is held anywhere near me (and I did suggest a very (for me) convenient location to Mess grin) I have a couple of spare rooms and people are welcome, as long as they can put up with the chaos (houseproud I am not...)

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 19-Nov-12 11:58:59

Ah, - we can set up a creche sliver grin

silverfrog Mon 19-Nov-12 12:03:10

ony if someone will hold him the whole day grin

seriously, the boy is never put down. ever.

zzzzz Mon 19-Nov-12 12:13:50

silver looks lik it's going to be the metropolis, which is too pricey for me, but I doubt weather a baby would be a problem between all of us. I had 5 under 7 so babies I can do!

silverfrog Mon 19-Nov-12 12:27:13

hats off to 5 under 7!

ds is really quite an obliging baby, and well used to being carted off everywhere, but by February will be about 6 months, which if he is anything like his sisters is the real peak whingey want-to-do-more-than-I-can phase.

I'll see how he is nearer the time, but itwouldn't be fair to everyone else if he is just going to be a loud distraction all day...

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 19-Nov-12 13:35:32

Could we share a babysitter/nanny silver?

You're right about that age. They MOVE <shudder>!

moondog Mon 19-Nov-12 13:35:35

I'd like to offer a session on Active Support for more complex children, those for whom table top/academic learning is not appropriate. We have some really exciting work going on in this area which is resulting in measdurable change in children with a high level of need who are not verbal.

If we had that running concurrently with a session for children who will respond better to more formal learning, it means the two groups could be served at once.

Is there sufficient interest for something along the lines of Active Support?

saintlyjimjams Mon 19-Nov-12 13:40:48

I'd be in for Active Support (and not table top learning). smile But I'm probably only really able to do Oxford or Bristol at the moment (life a bit complex)

moondog Mon 19-Nov-12 13:46:54

I'd also point out diplomatically that it is really hard to concentrate when you have to look after a baby as well.
We moved very fast through a great many topics last time.
With minimal distractions you can get your money's worth properly I hope. smile

messmonster Mon 19-Nov-12 22:37:08

Bumping because the thread seems to have disappeared off page 1 of the board...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now