Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

down day!

(2 Posts)
samithesausage Sun 18-Nov-12 19:51:44

Just feeling a bit down really. I have 2 sons with SN, DS3 has a speech and language delay/disorder, DS1 has something which is a bit of a mystery sad.
It all started with the school requesting me to get a diagnosis for him so they can get funding.
So off we went with cahms. It was suggested by a health professional that I could be on the spectrum, and I ended up getting a diagnosis of aspergers.
Currently I am filling out a huge questionnaire thing with the psychiatrist about him. She keeps commenting about how in an observation session he kept doing his own things and shunning peers.
I made a comment about his play when he was little, saying he used to line cars up in a queue...which kinda got pounced on.
I'm getting worried that I'm not answering the questions correctly, or if I get one wrong he's going to get the wrong diagnosis.
Plus I keep trying to guess. Reading up on spectrum disorders to see if he fits in any category. Sigh. I should google less and should chill more. Shouldn't I?

lisad123 Sun 18-Nov-12 20:17:05

brew take your time. These things are never quick and if your honest with your answers then its fine.
I found research helpful, but not everyone does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now