Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Lovely resource for people in north London/Herts area

(5 Posts)
theDudesmummy Sun 18-Nov-12 14:47:55

We have just had a lovely time at a wonderful resource near Elstree, an adventure playground specifically for children with disabilities (lots of both inside and outside activities including a lovely, new playground, and all sorts of indoor equipment). It helped that it is a beautiful day! But if anyone is anywhere nearby I would strongly recommend it!

(no, I have nothing to do with the playground or the charity that runs it, I was just highly impressed and we had a great time!). They are trying to get regular Sunday as well as Saturday sessions off the ground and they do need support. It costs £5 an hour and I can't remember when I last spent a more worthwhile tenner!

theDudesmummy Sun 18-Nov-12 14:48:29

Sorry forgot to tell you what it is!
It is Aldenham Adventure Playground

www.kids.org.uk/information/100885/100898/106690/aldenham_playground__hertfordshire/

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 18-Nov-12 15:04:05

Ooooh, I saw that being built. It looked like it was going to be fab.

theDudesmummy Sun 18-Nov-12 15:08:37

It certainly is. Really lifts your spirits when you realise that there are people/organisations that care enough about our children to provide places like this. My little dude takes a while to get used to new places, so will take a few times of going to really settle in, but even so, he had a very nice time. It is also in a very beautiful country park, with lots of parking available (and you get parking for just £1 if you are going to the adventure playground).

theDudesmummy Sun 18-Nov-12 15:29:24

PS there is a concession price of £3 an hour for people on income support

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now