Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ACC

(6 Posts)
sioba Sat 17-Nov-12 13:30:49

My 4 month old has just been diagnosed with ACC (agenesis of the corpus callosum). Thus far his development has been normal albeit he was slightly slow to smile (9 weeks). He now smiles and laughs, squeals, gurgles and coos. He reacts to me, his brother and dad as I would expect. His head control is a little worse than normal - but he can hold his head up. He is trying to roll over and can get onto his side but not his tummy from his back. He has found his hands and consistently puts themin his mouth and brings them together. His muscle tone is good.

He was diagnosed after his paed found that his head circumference wasn't growing as it should rather than because of any issue with his development.

My questions are:

If your child has a similar diagnosis what is their development like? What was it like at 4 months? Are there any therapies/strategies that were helpful?

I'm pretty much in shock and don't really know what to do for the best for my son.

Ineedalife Sat 17-Nov-12 13:38:30

Hi sioba and welcome to the boardsmile

I am sorry I dont know anything about your sons condition but wanted to say hi.

I hope someone comes along who can give you some advice.

Good lucksmile

ArthurPewty Sat 17-Nov-12 15:16:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sioba Sat 17-Nov-12 17:11:48

Hi, I've read the Wikipedia page and some more stuff online. I suppose what I'd most like to know is if a child were to be badly affected (there is a huge spectrum) when did it become obvious? My son makes eye contact, smiles at me and especially at his big brother - these I hope are good signs? Also is there anything I can do to improve the probable outcome for my son?
S

ArthurPewty Sat 17-Nov-12 19:48:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sioba Mon 19-Nov-12 13:41:06

Bump - just hoping that someone on here has a similar diagnosis to us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now