Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

whinge thread - ds ill, floppy, can't walk, crying curled up on my lap...

(13 Posts)
hazeyjane Sat 17-Nov-12 12:03:50

... throwing up last night, has drunk some dioralyte and kept it down, so far. But he is so unhappy, just crying and whingeing.

Just starting this thread to have a moan really, as I am switching between carrying him around the house (which is killing my back) and sitting watching tv, and it is driving me a teensy bit mad.

Feel free to ignore me!

BeeMom Sat 17-Nov-12 12:17:35

Whinge away - it is the most heartbreaking feeling when we cannot fix what is wrong, and even worse when the whole situation is driving us mad.

honk Honk HONK!

sneezecakesmum Sat 17-Nov-12 12:24:25

Drop of calpol maybe? And wall to wall cbeebies I'm afraid. It'll only last a day or so.

hazeyjane Sat 17-Nov-12 13:17:58

thankyou, he has had a paracetamol suppository, but 2 hours later and he is still screaming, so I have also given some ibuprofen. He doesn't know what to do with himself.

Beemom, hope you are ok, I saw your post on the Fri night thread.

Ilovecake1 Sat 17-Nov-12 13:19:22

Oh I really feel for you. Hope he will be better soon.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sat 17-Nov-12 13:20:04

Keep alternating the paracetamol and the ibuprofen. Poor little mite. Does he have a temp?

Ineedalife Sat 17-Nov-12 13:40:42

Hi hazy, sorry to here your Ds is poorlysad

Am Honking for you.

Lougle Sat 17-Nov-12 13:45:30

hazey, I'm with you. DD1 is pathetically whingey after diarrhoea/vomiting yesterday, but is screaming and furious if I dare to mention that she's poorly confused

hazeyjane Sat 17-Nov-12 15:11:02

Well the ibuprofen seems to have done something because he is now slumped into my side with dd2 (who has just announced she has a tummy ache.....noooooo!) watching disney films.

Thankyou for keeping me company.

Dd1 is like that, Lougle, she could be throwing up next to me, but still insist, 'I AM FINE! STOP IT!!'

moosemama Sat 17-Nov-12 16:32:17

Aw hazey, poor you and poor ds, glad the ibuprofen seems to have helped a little. Hope dd2 doesn't come down with it as well.

Honk!

Ds1 is the same Lougle he actually threw up all over my sister once, then announced he was fine and would like pizza now please. Dsis tried arguing, lost the fight and of course the then spent the rest of the night throwing up stringly pizza. That was the one and only time dsis has babysat, she had to be rescued by my Mum as we were away overnight, but if nothing else it stopped her spouting crap about there being nothing wrong with ds and us chasing a dx! grin

NoHaudinMaWheest Sat 17-Nov-12 19:30:03

Hows he doing now Hazey?

It is so frustrating when all they want to do is cuddle but even then they're miserable. Ds is hopeless when he is ill even at 16 though it does happen much less often now he is older.

hazeyjane Sat 17-Nov-12 19:48:40

Well he slept all afternoon, woke up had a surge of energy when strictly come dancing came on - tottered over to the tv, headbutted denise van outen and is now developing a nice bump on his head. he hasn't been sick though, and does seem brighter.

marchduck Sat 17-Nov-12 21:38:47

What a hard day Hazey, hope your DS is feeling much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now