Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

what to do ??????

(5 Posts)
McChristmasPants2012 Thu 15-Nov-12 21:13:49

Hello I am a mum to a fantastic little boy who has austism.

There is problem at school with him at break and lunch time as part of his disability.

the school is fantastic and have explored every way they can to slove this problem with no sucess.

the next step is for him going onto the computers during these time, i really don't want this for him, it breaks my heart to think of him alone during these time ( even if he will be happy doing this)

i have a meeting ( yet again) with the school so what cna anyone suggest

McChristmasPants2012 Thu 15-Nov-12 21:16:40

sorry wrong fourm

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Nov-12 21:31:58

Hi there

We've moved this to 'Special Needs: Children' now.

bialystockandbloom Thu 15-Nov-12 22:07:21

Hello,

Welcome to the board. There are many of us here with dc with asd who I'm sure can help with suggestions and advice (as well as all of us who can give support even if can't help with specific problem).

Can you tell us a bit more about the problem? I agree with you that I wouldn't want my ds alone at lunchtime etc either (he has asd too). Is it a problem of lack of support?

alison222 Thu 15-Nov-12 22:19:04

Ds's primary school ( is this primary?) did a combination of things,
They had a day when his year could use the computers if they chose - so he was always in there, they had a lunch where one of the sports people ( they used an outside agency to teach sports) came in and DS, plus his chioce of 2 firends, and others who needed it played team sports to help the team playing/social aspect of it. Then another day a TA ran a social skills club - where carefully selected other children came and played games and discussed things that were causing them problems/difficulties or just general social isssues.
There was a day of supervised "free play" in the playground, and I think that he was allowed to read a book on the last day. - These were all lunches by the way - I'm a bit hazy about the support at break-times.

Does that give you some alternative ideas to suggest to the school? DS's school were a bit shock that I didn't want him on the computers every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now