Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OMG I AM SHAKING AND WAITING FOR DH

(10 Posts)
thriftychic Thu 15-Nov-12 13:53:42

ds2 th (13) threatened to not go to school last night. having horrendous problems. i rang school to check he was there this morning at 8.30 am and told he was there. hes at high school yr 9

i rang school for something else just now and was told that although id been told he was there , his form tutor had changed his mark to absent. so hes not there.

i have just lost the plot.

he is somewhere god knows where on his bike . they marked him wrong and then when marked absent didnt even ring me to find out why. obviously i hadnt reported his absence and they are supposed to ring if that happens obviously.

i can barely see straight. dh is coming home from work. i cannot cope anymore.

wasuup3000 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:56:57

School sounds fantastic - NOT!! I hope he turns up OK!

thriftychic Thu 15-Nov-12 14:03:50

can i take action against the school ? i want to go in there and rip there heads off , i am so upset and no idea how i am going to handle ds2 now he is truanting aswell

mymatemax Thu 15-Nov-12 14:13:25

forget the school for the moment.
Find ds, get him home calmly, have a calm discussion.
Use his truanting as ammo to get better support from school (if that is whats needed)
Once you have a plan in place to ensure ds can be happy & safe at school.
THEN deal with the school & if they failed to inform etc etc, the important thing is that you have a plan in place for reporting to you amt future absences.

frizzcat Thu 15-Nov-12 14:28:52

Has he turned up

whatthewhatthebleep Thu 15-Nov-12 15:30:47

I hope your DS has turned up safely at home or into school??

I'd be asking about whether this is a 1 off and asking to see the registration book...has he truanted before and you haven't known?...maybe forged letters for absences even?...
I hope it's a 1 off and not a discovery of a can of worms for you

stay calm...try anyway

thriftychic Thu 15-Nov-12 15:32:29

yes, thankyou , we have found him . unfortunatly hes just been stood with the scissors threatening to cut my bank card up, as he cut into it dh grabbed his arm , ds2 slipped and banged his head on the wall. could this week get any worse. sad

lisad123 Thu 15-Nov-12 15:53:31

I would be in serious talks with school that's awful. As for ds, hard as it is, try to be the calm one x

OHforDUCKScake Thu 15-Nov-12 16:03:32

Is he being bullied? I did all that and worse when I was his age because I was being horrifically bullied.

starfishmummy Thu 15-Nov-12 16:10:49

Thank goodness you have found him; and hope his head is OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now