Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Single Assessment Framework?

(5 Posts)
hazeyjane Wed 14-Nov-12 19:42:29

Can anyone tell me what this is all about? Ds's lead professional is coming over tomorrow to discuss this, wrt to statementing and ds starting preschool.

Thankyou

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Nov-12 20:59:55

It's probably a renaming of the CAF to reflect the joint 'plan'. It's probably just a multidisciplinary needs assessment and I bet the 'agenda' is to convince you that a statement isn't needed at all.

hazeyjane Wed 14-Nov-12 21:17:26

Thanks Starlight. Ds has a CAF, she said this is something new that is being introduced, which immediately makes alarm bells ring in my head!

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Nov-12 21:24:18

meetings about bloody meetings.

Ask what the purpose is, and importantly what OUTCOME you can expect for your ds as a result of such a seeminly expensive provision.

hazeyjane Thu 15-Nov-12 16:59:22

Ok, she has given me all the bumpf about it.

It is basically this

It will eventually replace the CAF and alter the statement process, so that the SAF will be in place until 25, and is purportedly to bring together the health/medical aspects of care and education/therapies in beautiful harmoneeeee.

The statement will apparently be decided at a TAC meeting, at which all interested parties will be present, including the assessors who will decide the statement.

She said it is a pilot scheme, so will run concurrently to the normal process.

There, as clear as mud.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now