Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What is the difference between an emergency annual review and a request to reassess needs?

(6 Posts)
HotheadPaisan Wed 14-Nov-12 19:09:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HotheadPaisan Wed 14-Nov-12 21:42:11

PipinJo Wed 14-Nov-12 21:45:22

HotheadPaisan Wed 14-Nov-12 21:55:09

bjkmummy Wed 14-Nov-12 22:51:25

im going through this at the moment - decided things werent work in march, meeting with LA in april , emergency review end of may, school state they cannot meet his needs and new school needed, LA go away and think about it, meeting with them beg July, decide no evidence of change of needs - issue finalised statement(no proposed) on 24th july - increase his hours of TA support - lodge tribunal papers mid sept and tribunal in feb

so by the time i get to tribunal and if i win it will have taken me a year to get it sorted meanwhile son detoriated and been inschool part time since june with a school place at a special school sat waiting for him until the LA sort themselves out so although it was an emergency review it can be still evry long and drawn out and probably could be longer if i hadnt pushed and pushed for them to make a decision and finalise the statement

HotheadPaisan Wed 14-Nov-12 23:14:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now