Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Please tell me something good will come of this.

(4 Posts)
sweetteamum Wed 14-Nov-12 17:16:49

I've posted this in one of my active threads but not sure how notifications work properly yet, so apologise if you read this twice.

Dr has confirmed to us why dd is off school with anxieties. He agrees.

However there has been what looks like a VIP meeting with all involved with dd except us, her parents I have had an email to say. X. Y. Z. Blah blah blah will be happening but no regard has been paid to what dd thinks and we think.

Personally hubby and I don't trust the school not to fail her again as she's only been under their care for 9 school days before being scared off by lack of support, help and understanding.

Am I still being reasonable to expect her to be fully supported and us as parents to be believed or is that a thing of the past?!

I want to ask for home tuition until a better provision can be found for her, purely based on how they've messed dd up already. I can't be expected to play guinea pig with her, surely?

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Nov-12 21:36:06

Who attended the meeting?

PipinJo Wed 14-Nov-12 21:39:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sweetteamum Wed 14-Nov-12 22:04:49

To be honest I haven't been made aware of who would be at the meeting. It was first explainedto me as a meeting, which then turned into a proffs meeting - when I asked the details?!? I did query why we weren't allowed and was told "well, parents don't normally want to attend and are happr for it to go ahead without them!! shock

The other details, which you may/may not need is here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/special_needs/1611974-How-can-I-ask-the-Dr-without

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now