Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

just popping in to say goodbye and good luck

(39 Posts)
devientenigma Wed 14-Nov-12 09:40:41

Hope everyone manages to get what they need out of life, services, education, therapies for their kids and their families.

Good luck, stay strong x

frizzcat Wed 14-Nov-12 09:42:19

Where are you going?

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Wed 14-Nov-12 09:51:09

deviant what's going on - usual crappness of life or something else?

DameMargotFountain Wed 14-Nov-12 09:55:49

<gets shepherds crook out of shed and drags dev back in>

please don't go, stay here and let us help support you?

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Nov-12 10:23:47

Don't you dare go!

zzzzz Wed 14-Nov-12 10:32:33

dev I hope this means you have found something better. I shall miss you. I was hoping you were going to explain the whole sims thing to me, one day. sad

Did you do all the hideous meetings in the end, or was it impossible?

Have our most heartfelt honks to give you strength and come back when you can to tell us how you are all doing, because we will fret about you otherwise. <reveals pathetic over involvement in mn sn friends lives>

sad

optin Wed 14-Nov-12 12:10:25

devient...I'm testing something, then I'll post properly (it's Lougle)

Lougle Wed 14-Nov-12 12:14:29

Ok, I'm back.

Devientenigma, I'm not going to tell you not to go, free country, but I will miss you if you do, and I for one would like to know what we can do to make this a place you feel comfortable in.

You matter, and your DS matters. It might not feel like that right now, but to me you both do.

I'm posting on the thread in Site Stuff, btw - I just did a test about the visibility of SN:Children, and although you can find SN:Children on the Talk menu, if you haven't opted in to SN, you can't see SN in the list of active convos. That's why I posted as Optin just now. I posted on your thread, then clicked 'active convos' and it didn't show up. When I logged back in as Lougle, it showed up.

silverfrog Wed 14-Nov-12 12:36:33

I will be sorry to see you go, devient.

and more than that, I am sorry that I haven't been able to help more - eithr time wise or solution wise.

I hope you manage to find a solution (even if only a partial one) for you and your ds.

moosemama Wed 14-Nov-12 13:02:46

I will be sorry to see you go too devient.

I really hope nothing I have done or said has made you feel marginalised or patronised on here.

I often feel useless that when you post in real need of support I can't offer any advice, but the truth is you know far more than me about services (or the lack of) and what should be on offer but isn't or is but you can't access etc. I usually opt for letting you know that I do care, but choose not to offer any advice, precisely because I feel it would be patronising of me to even begin to think I understand what you are going through and offer potential solutions, everything I can come up with is something you will already know, have thought of or tried.

I wish I could be more help. sad

If you do go/have gone, I wish well for the future and hope that somehow, someone starts listening and and giving you the support you need for ds and your family.

Ineedalife Wed 14-Nov-12 13:04:29

I am really worried nowsad

Was it Devient who said she felt like parking her car in a river with her and her Ds inside the other day.

Devient if it was or wasnt you please dont do anything without talking to someone first.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Nov-12 13:11:44

Yes. Devient often feels like that though, which is why it is a shame if you can't stay here Devient.

I suppose lots of us feel that we are there for you when we aren't really, because we read your posts, are in awe of your strength and largely think 'gosh that just sounds shit', but don't post that because it sounds so unhelpful and we are largely solution finders. When there appears to be no solution it makes me feel like I have nothing to offer, but perhaps an acknowldgement is important all the same.

What do you think dev?

Ineedalife Wed 14-Nov-12 13:17:59

I hope you are right star

inappropriatelyemployed Wed 14-Nov-12 13:20:11

Dev - come back. Please let us know you are ok.

frizzcat Wed 14-Nov-12 13:26:55

That's what I was thinking @Ineed - and I too Star hope you are right.

Dev - stars much better than me in that she honk for you on your threads - I've been on this board and it's only now I'm feeling I know a little bit more that I can comment on other peoples threads - most of the time I feel stupid or saying things that are so basic that they're insulting. But I read your threads and I think of you. Maybe you could just come on and honk so we know you and ds are ok <<<<<huge bear-like hugs>>>>>

alison222 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:02:09

dev Where are you going?
Please let us know if you are all right.

PipinJo Wed 14-Nov-12 14:12:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedalife Wed 14-Nov-12 14:24:09

I have pm'ed deviant. I really hope she is ok.

Iceflower Wed 14-Nov-12 14:35:01

She's fine, chatting with her on FB now.

Ineedalife Wed 14-Nov-12 14:42:34

Phewsmile

I am not normally easily panicked but she was so down the other day.

Say hi to hersmile

zzzzz Wed 14-Nov-12 14:45:31

Sometimes when you're on your own a lot and life is hard in ways that no one understands, you need to hear people like you. You try to get along with inferred appreciation, but what you really need is for people to tell you you're ok.

dev I like your posts. You are an inspiration because you deal with so much and yet still remain uniquely you. We will miss you and be happy if you ever want to come back.

inappropriatelyemployed Wed 14-Nov-12 14:48:05

Here, here zzzz.

Iceflower - glad to hear that!

frizzcat Wed 14-Nov-12 14:57:41

Phew! Honk via FB

devientenigma Wed 14-Nov-12 17:58:04

thanks Ineed for the lovely message and prompt to look back at my thread.

Star is right, although I feel like ending it all at times, I wouldn't, as for being strong, if only.

and Ice randomly making sure I was ok

There was just a few things in a few different posts that got me thinking, I don't have anything useful, how can I when our life is so fantastic. Then I thought how can I look for help when the very people who should be helping are too busy arguing amongst themselves and haven't been able to help in the last 11 year. And if there was a way of helping DS then surely we would of found it by now. I also see people with similar issues to us, who have moved on and progressed, yet we are still battling, not that I don't want anyone to progress just do wish I could find the way of moving DS on.

I just feel I am a name people avoid and wonder why. I'm not that bad really. Just makes me feel more alone than what I am already.

Maybe I'm just having a woe is me day. As for the meetings, I didn't go to Tuesdays meet but the home tutor and DH did. They did not like what was being said and counteracted it. So the meeting got ended. Due to this, when the social worker found out, she cancelled Wednesdays meeting.

DH hospital appointments went well, however he is now on insulin for his diabieties, can't even spell it lol, anyway it's brought loads of meldowns from DS who doesn't like DH injecting himself.

Anyway to clarify all this, I am still here xx

Ineedalife Wed 14-Nov-12 18:13:03

I dont think people avoid your threads on purpose Deviant,

As someone said up thread, I look at your posts sometimes and think What could I possibly say that could help this person.

I think what you have said today will make us all think and at least post something, even if we have nothing useful to say.

Glad you are still heresmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now