Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Want to change the statement..is it likely I could get this?

(3 Posts)
Ilovecake1 Mon 12-Nov-12 20:32:11

Hi, my LO has ASD is 7yrs and in mainstream, very large school, over 3o in her class. I would like for her to go to a localish SN school for maybe 2-4hrs a week to have music therapy and have speech therapy by SALT 2-3 a week! At the moment she has a full time 1 to 1, who does speech therapy session maybe 2 weekly. I don't mind the SALT therapy being done in mainstream as long as a therapy come in to deliver this and work with my little one. Do I stand a chance of getting this? Am I asking too much?

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 12-Nov-12 20:36:39

No. If you can provide EDUCATIONAL reasons why this must happen. Easier for the SALT, less so for the music therapy (though not impossible).

Ilovecake1 Mon 12-Nov-12 20:39:12

My daughter did have a music therapist coming into to school weekly but then she stopped, hardly ever came, if she did always late and left early!! Could I use this against them to get the help you think? I really need to change this as I feel she truly needs it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now