Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

single measles jab at city doc and autistic traits

(6 Posts)
desprodad Sat 10-Nov-12 15:35:09

after 2 years of should i/ shouldn't i...give my 3yo girl the single measles jab because i feared her autistic traits could get worse, i've decided that she should have it done. now the only problem is where? i did have my eldest done at 'babyjabs' but their prices seems to be really expensive at 120 pounds especially since i've found a clinic 'citydoc', that does it for 85 pounds. a huge difference so now i'm wondering has anyone been to 'citydoc'? plus, there seems to be a choice to which strain to have. in my eldest we had the same strain as in the MMR and she was fine, but she did not display any autistic traits from an early age. now i see there is a measles jab containing the edmonston-zagreb sii strain produced in india, which i believe has been used for years. both are recorded has being as effective as the MMR. although, i do remember reading that the measles virus was found in the guts of autistic children, was the same strain has the one in the MMR, what this means....not sure? can anyone shed some light pls?

zzzzz Sat 10-Nov-12 15:51:20

Sounds like a question for an immunologist. If you are looking for direct experience of particular clinics/surgeries you would probably need to say which area you live in.

bigbluebus Sat 10-Nov-12 17:43:38

Don't know if you might find any useful info on this website jabs

Ineedalife Sat 10-Nov-12 18:01:54

Sorry no advice about which strain to use but just wanted to say that I paid £110 7 years ago when Dd3 had her measles vax, so £120 doesnt sound too bad to me.

Ruggles Sat 10-Nov-12 18:33:34

We've had quite a few jabs done at City Doc and they are fine. We were at the Wimpole Street area clinic and they were friendly and all was ok. Can't remember what strain we had.

mumof2turds Sun 11-Nov-12 20:54:21

We are looking to go to citydocs. I didn't realise there were different strains!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now