Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

anyone know what this name could be?

(8 Posts)
DrWhoBrain Fri 09-Nov-12 12:00:38

ds2's HV was aking about ds1, i said he is awaiting referral to look at things like ADHD and ASD but i wasnt sure who to, she said something about who it would be to but i cant remember what she said, i thought she said ICHAT but google brings up nothing MCHAT comes up but ds1 is nearly 7 so surely not that, she said it was something where they take the age of the child and judge it against appropriate behaviours for that age and look at things like adhd, autism etc any ideas?

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 09-Nov-12 12:19:17

It could be a LA specific assessment. Lots of LAs do their own one.

It could also be the CARS (LAs like this one) or GARS (more sensible).

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 09-Nov-12 12:21:10

If you read the national autism plan you'll find a list of all the standardised tests recommended.

www.autism.org.uk/about-autism/our-publications/reports/other-reports/the-national-autism-plan-for-children.aspx

DrWhoBrain Fri 09-Nov-12 12:23:59

thanks, i could of been sure it started with an I but may be wrong or it could be a lA specific one as you say.

In saying that she also said i could get attendance allowance and google says it sfor over 65's!

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 09-Nov-12 12:24:43

IAELD?

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 09-Nov-12 12:28:05

Sorry, IEALD.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 09-Nov-12 13:08:59

CHAPS is the screeing questionnaire for ADHD. Maybe it was this.

Bigpants1 Fri 09-Nov-12 23:39:48

Did she say anything like a Developmental Peadiatrician? Or,CAMHS,(Child & adolescent Mental Health Service)? Both of these are places where children are often referred to for Assessment for the likes of ADHD & ASD. Both places will have Standardised Tests they carry out to test for possible difficulties.
Connors is often used for ADHD & ADOS for ASD.
Your HV is a bit bonkers. Lol! She means you can claim for DLA. You do not need a dx to get DLA. It is based on how your ds difficulties affect him daily compared to his peers without difficulties. (It is a non-means tested benefit).
HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now