Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

So I wasn't looking forward to tue, wed and Thursday......

(15 Posts)
devientenigma Wed 07-Nov-12 05:03:10

Anyway tue didn't help at all so now wed has been cancelled. We are still no further forward and I feel like parking my car in a river taking DS with me, which obviously I won't otherwise I would of posted as anon. They don't even see what they are saying is pathetic and not right. No one is ever going to help, I'm sick of this hell !!!

proudmum74 Wed 07-Nov-12 05:15:14

Hi devientenigma - I've been stuck in statementing assessment hell for the past few days, so haven't been on this board much and missed your earlier threads. Sorry your having such a bad week, do you want to talk about it?

devientenigma Wed 07-Nov-12 05:20:36

Statement hell, tell me more......for me as one door shuts the brick walls still there. Just need to find a prof with a backbone.

proudmum74 Wed 07-Nov-12 05:24:03

Professionals, don't you just love their lack of ability to make a useful decision! What are you trying to get them to do?

devientenigma Wed 07-Nov-12 05:32:48

Its not me trying, I lost faith in them years ago. However the social worker, home tutor, GP and cardiologist put their faith in someone I said not to. They were hoping it would make a difference to DS life, I told them it wouldn't and another year down the road almost of wasted time and no further forward, maybe even taking steps back but hopefully she had her hour licks and was able to sleep last night!!!

proudmum74 Wed 07-Nov-12 05:42:01

I'm so sorry, they really don't get how much emotional effort all this takes, do they?! So get your comment re: sleep! What doesn't help is the people making these calls often don't even have DC, let alone one with SN, so have absolutely no concept of exactly how tough it is!

devientenigma Wed 07-Nov-12 05:45:21

That was supposed to read horlicks not hour licks however she can do both for all I care. They don't have a clue, or rather they do in this case, it's just another cost cutting exercise.

proudmum74 Wed 07-Nov-12 05:50:17

Which makes it even worse!

devientenigma Wed 07-Nov-12 05:55:09

DS costs too much but lacks accountability, hence no support or help as well as being out of school nearly 3 year unfortunately.

proudmum74 Wed 07-Nov-12 06:02:21

This may be a bit of a left field suggestion, but have you ever tried talking to your MP about this and seeing if they can help? Never personally tried it, but I know a few people who have with varying levels of successful....

devientenigma Wed 07-Nov-12 06:12:41

Have done about a few things but it has never really got anywhere. Was thinking about going higher then local and I'm going to seek a solicitor today, not that I know where to start with the whole sorry state of affairs.

proudmum74 Wed 07-Nov-12 06:57:13

Do you have a good parent partnership team near you? Ours is fairly good at giving helpful advice re: who we need to stalk to get the help DD needs & how to phrase the requests in a way that makes it hard for them to be refused.

Good luck with the solicitor & hope today turns out to be a better day! X

devientenigma Wed 07-Nov-12 10:31:19

PP isn't that good here, been on live web chat with corum who have given advice but advised legal route.

hope you have a good day too x

zzzzz Wed 07-Nov-12 11:29:23

deviant it sounds grim. Definitely no rivers, I would miss you.

Do they have any help to offer that actually would help?

What do you think would work? You know him best. You've been a the pit face for years. Can you think of a set up that would let you all enjoy life?

Isolation is getting me down today. Honk honk m'dear, what doesn't kill us makes us more arsey. grin

devientenigma Wed 07-Nov-12 17:52:21

ahh thanks zzzzz

no, no offer in fact Iv'e started another thread on his main issue which they have acknowledged but can't help wink

still not thinking straight atm but will defo bear your Q's in mind.

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonk for those who are in isolation grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now