Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA Mobility

(5 Posts)
kmummy Tue 06-Nov-12 17:26:42

Is there any point applying. DS is three, has Autism so only able to apply for high rate. Should I even bother, the care form is enough but feels like I'd be wasting my time on mobility.

SallyBear Tue 06-Nov-12 18:17:45

Mobility starts at 5 generally.

sneezecakesmum Tue 06-Nov-12 20:28:05

Only experience we have is with physical disability which started at 3 (I think) Cerebra guide is good for advice though.

Dev9aug Tue 06-Nov-12 20:39:59

Mobility starts at 3, regardless of whether it is physical disability or neurological.

magso Wed 07-Nov-12 10:25:13

I think high rate mobilty starts at 3, low rate at 5. Getting HRMob for a child with autism without physical disability (who can run and walk -just not in the desired direction or when needed) is a tricky one. If your ds needs a wheelchair (or to be carried) for you to make progress in the desired direction or has severe imparment and HRcare (see NAS and cerebra websites for how to proove) then theorectically its worth applying for HRmob- preferably with help filling in the form from a professional who believes your ds qualifies for HRmob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now