Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone have expereince of the Turnaround Programme for kids with anxiety?

(4 Posts)
mee2 Mon 05-Nov-12 10:30:59

My son is 8 and suffers from a lot of anxiety. I've tried lots of books - the What to when your worries take hold series which is CBT for kids; he us under clinical; investigation for tourettes syndrome (he has a mild phonic and motor tick which I think he spends a lot of time controlling at school) which I also think contributes to his anxiety. He tells me he doesn't like school and feels like the odd one out. He has always been clingy with me - hates being separated - tells me he misses me and thinks about me when he's at school. I try to tell him that it's okay to forget about me and have fun. He just looked so sad this morning going in after half term holidays. I'm desperate to help him. I just came across the Turnaround thing this morning. Would like to know others experiences if they have any

www.myanxiouschild.com/?gclid=CNHJ6o7Ot7MCFQzKtAod1wEADQ

Monkeytrewsers Mon 05-Nov-12 11:35:29

Actually, just seen how expensive that is so it's a no-go anyway. (changed my name btw)

HotheadPaisan Mon 05-Nov-12 12:46:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Monkeytrewsers Sat 17-Nov-12 15:18:44

He is actually under investigation for tourettes syndrome now. Hopefully will have some answers and a strategy soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now