Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Permanent double vision

(4 Posts)
bunnybo Sun 04-Nov-12 12:27:40

I have a 13 year old son who has double vision. He has problems with distance and close up work. This has been going on for a year. He has an eye appointment in two weeks to be re-assessed. Consultant said we need to re-evaluate his convergence weakness. I am desperate for him to go to school. He had 140 days off school last year. He has only done two full days this term and the odd hour. I need to speak to the school about accomodating him, but not sure who this can be done. He can read the white board or read close up. Also can't find a prism to correct the problem. Any ideas out there.

auntevil Sun 04-Nov-12 13:07:20

Only thing I know about this is that my DM's husband has double vision and wears an eye patch so that he only sees out of 1 eye. Looks a bit like a pirate though, but apparently does the job.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sun 04-Nov-12 17:22:44

do you have input from the sensory impairment service? They are the ones who should be working with you and school to find a way of getting him back to school. What have school said so far, have you applied for a statement?

auntevil Sun 04-Nov-12 17:36:56

Ninja's right - with that amount of time off school, what on earth are the school doing about it? I would have thought that the LEA attendance would have initiated some way of trying to get your DS back to school and able to be educated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now