Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

So, after my meltdown on here the other night......

(6 Posts)
MammaTJ Sat 03-Nov-12 21:47:52

DP took my DC to visit their GPs for two nights.

They came back today and I have got reports back saying DGM, who normally explains any bad behaviour as 'well thats just kidlike' as wanting to know if we can give DD anything to sedate her at bedtime!! Also, they have noticed her bouncyness during the day.

OK, they don't talk to me (my choice as much as theirs) but it is nice to have my feeling validated by someone else who cares about them (other than DP).

On the very plus side, DP came home, had a cuppa and buggered off to play rugby. I have had a lovely time with my children. DD got a Barbie like doll with 8 outfits while away. She wanted a wardrobe, so we made her one, with hangers and everything. Took us 20 minutes, but it was a very enjoyable 20 minutes. She told me I am the bestest mum in the whole wide world!! Oh, how that made me melt!!

Thanks to you all for your support when I was feeling like the worst mum in the world. This is the payback. I hope you enjoy it. grin

porridgelover Sat 03-Nov-12 23:59:14

I remember your post mammaTJ and you sounded as if you were worn out. Sounds as if the batteries are recharged. Good. And I'm glad MIL sees some of the issues now.

MammaTJ Sun 04-Nov-12 00:11:59

Yeah, some, lol!!

My Batteries are well and truly recharged, ready for the back to school endless school runs and working 33 hours and college and DD2 and her 'issues', lol!! Ready and waiting for all of it!!

How long will it be before I come on here again desperate and screaming for help? Still, for now all is good.

auntevil Sun 04-Nov-12 13:10:58

I think it can make you feel energised just getting someone else that didn't understand to finally 'get it'. It puts back into your sanity pot. Do you think that DGM might be up for giving a bit more support? Even 1 night a week to do some college work?

MammaTJ Sun 04-Nov-12 16:39:25

They live 150 miles away and to be fair, she is not in the best of health.

MammaTJ Sun 04-Nov-12 16:40:27

On the very plus side, I have caught up with all my college work except one assignment that does not need to be in until December!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now