Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Flyingboy has just completed a big adventure

(7 Posts)
Inaflap Wed 31-Oct-12 17:51:22

Having felt crap after is AR report which makes him sound like a different person to the one we have at home, I now feel much better. He has an appt at the orthodontist on wednesday but as gphe boards this is a problem. He decided to test run going by train all by himself. So he got a train, changed, got another train to the big town nearish his school. Got out, pootled rounf a really big station, found the train back and then walked to the orthodontist where i picked him up. I am so proud of him. He has never been on the train by himself before so this was a pretty massive thing.

Lets just have fingers crossed for the SS visit tomorrow to assess him for adult service support.

pinkorkid Wed 31-Oct-12 19:02:16

Well done flyingboy, - this would certainly be major achievement in our household. hope ss visit goes well tomorrow.

Iceflower Wed 31-Oct-12 19:35:27

That sounds pretty impressive, well done him and well done you enabling him smile

Ineedalife Wed 31-Oct-12 22:00:21

Well done to flying boysmile

And to his mum for being brave enough to let him have the adventuresmile

frizzcat Wed 31-Oct-12 22:08:12

Flying boy is flying high - and well done for not retreating to a padded cell whilst adventure was in play!

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 01-Nov-12 20:21:59

Gosh! And I still feel nervous when DS2 goes to the shop just down the road on his own. blush Well done, both of you!

Inaflap Fri 02-Nov-12 13:45:06

Thank you. I might be a dithering wreck on wednesday if he does undertake the school, train, orthodontist and back again adventure. That is if school let him. I think he might be a bit pissed off with them if they don't. Also worried if it is raining as its quite a walk from the station to the orthodontist and he will be soaked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now