Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The half term blues

(4 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Tue 30-Oct-12 18:40:39

DS2, 7 has LDs and ASD. Of course his routines has been thrown by half term so he's got a bit lot harder to manage.

He won't get dressed. And he pulls his pants down so you can see his bum blush. He's also started getting his willy out blush

He is obsessed by cars. There are cars everywhere. He is currently searching for one particular car and can't find it because he has over 200 cars!

He switches on all the tvs in the house and goes up and downstairs - and Lord help me if I dare to switch one off. Aggression galore and he is a big lad.

He wants to sleep in my bed every night. I won't let him.

He won't go to playcentres (too noisy). He doesn't like parks because he has balance issues.

I know people put up with worse than me and I'm sorry to post, but it's exhausting.

There is no question. This is a rant smile

Learning70 Tue 30-Oct-12 18:57:36

Hi I am having a bad day today too, though nothing that bad has happened. My five year old has been niggling, not quite melting down this evening. He's really not been too bad at all these past two days, but I can't help feeling frustrated about what we would be doing if he didn't have issues. I've done lots of lovely things with them at home but I'm not a stay at home kind of person, if life was easier I would have them out and about the whole time. My 9 year old is lovely, he doesn't really know that he's missing out and we make sure he gets out and about by doing separate things with them but even so, it would be nice to get up, pack a bag, go out for the day and not assume that it's going to be a nightmare! I don't usually feel like this (much), I think the clock change has sent me a bit funny!

MsNobodyAgain Tue 30-Oct-12 19:08:55

Learning Glad it is not only me. Juggling siblings and ASD/SN is tricky

Ah, the clock change...I suppose that hasn't helped either. Never thought of that.

Learning70 Tue 30-Oct-12 19:34:25

Oh yeah I always go off on a funny for a few weeks. Every year I say I am going to buy a light box but I never do, I get over it after a bit anyway. Might start up running again when they get back to school, that sorts me out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now