Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How's everyone? <Waves>

(11 Posts)
WilsonFrickett Tue 30-Oct-12 12:30:50

Just that really. I took a wee break from the SN boards as was feeling a bit overwhelmed with 'stuff' but am back. Hope everyone / DCs are doing well.

MyAngelChuckles Tue 30-Oct-12 12:31:56

Fairly new to the SN boards so don't recgnise you, but welcome back grin

coff33pot Tue 30-Oct-12 12:32:51

Hellooooo! wondered where you disapeared grin

We need some more happy book updates! How have you been doing?

WilsonFrickett Tue 30-Oct-12 12:35:33

We're good thanks my lovely. School isn't all that we hoped it would be, so have funded some ABA. On the plus side, new area has resources! Parent development workers and SN swimming lessons and all sorts! So that's been fun. DS can now jump in the water and hold his breath and everything <proud>

How are you doing?

And nice to 'meet' you MyAngel

lisad123 Tue 30-Oct-12 12:36:57

We are all good here.
2 news schools

coff33pot Tue 30-Oct-12 12:40:05

oh wow! well done on the water front!

Hope the ABA helps matters, are the school going to get involved in that?

DS is doing great at his new school so its all positive so far so much so he had a dentist appointment which was cancelled and asked to go to school instead!

WilsonFrickett Tue 30-Oct-12 12:45:24

Wow, you've been busy Lisa!

Coff, school don't buy into ABA. But I have agreed an early-warning system with them where they let me know about any issues and we go in together and 'work out the best approach'. So I go in and ABA their assess in secret. TBH, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't but it makes me feel empowered which is a good thing, and it gives me something to work on at home.

Love the dentist story!

Ineedalife Tue 30-Oct-12 12:46:02

Hi wilson welcom back, we were talking about missing friends that other day so its nice that one wanderer has returnedgrin

WilsonFrickett Tue 30-Oct-12 12:47:09

Cheers Need. Am back and ready to serve grin

bochead Tue 30-Oct-12 12:54:03

The 5P approach by Linda Miller is really "ABA-lite" but seems to be LA friendly for behavior management - might be worth taking a look at if you need to sneak ABA type stuff in past the gatekeepers. It comes with worksheets any TA can use with ease.

WilsonFrickett Tue 30-Oct-12 22:34:53

Cheers boch.

We are not long back from the Halloween party - ds managed the whole thing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now