Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Proud moment!!

(12 Posts)
piglettsmummy Mon 29-Oct-12 12:57:28

My little girl finally learnt how to come down stairs on her bum yesterday!! Shes 2yrs +2months so very proud she's learnt it finally!! Just as we get our neuro appointment reminder through! Not so worried now smile

PrinceRogersNelson Mon 29-Oct-12 13:02:11

Well done your DD.
I am watching my DD quietly threading some beads on to string. when I tried it with her a few weeks ago she couldn't do it. I sat and went through it with her and now she has just sat and done it by herself.

She's 3.11 by the way, but has problems with fine motor skills and planning movement.

ProcrastinatingPanda Mon 29-Oct-12 13:05:11

Awe well done little piglett! thanks

troutsprout Mon 29-Oct-12 13:14:49

Aww well done you little ones :-)

piglettsmummy Mon 29-Oct-12 13:16:11

Aww well done to your dd too!!! We do not no if anything is wrong with my dd but we find out soon I think more than likely she is a littler slower I grasp physical things than other children her age. It's so nice to see them learning things. My dd's doctors are always on he lookout to make sure she's hitting milestones etc as they say she's 'too healthy' to have what she has Inhat makes sense ? X

GalenasGhoulies Mon 29-Oct-12 17:33:00

I'm always pleased to hear about children making progress - makes me grin

PolterGoose Mon 29-Oct-12 17:36:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coff33pot Mon 29-Oct-12 18:44:44

thanks Brilliant smile

Tootsandblanket Tue 30-Oct-12 17:16:10

Can I jump in on this one ? My DD, 23 months, learnt to clap this week! I'm so proud of her! She normally uses one hand at a time, rarely together, so this is a huge achievement for her!

Well done to all of the kids!

shazian Tue 30-Oct-12 17:21:22

aww well done all dc. These little milestones are what makes all the worry and hard times soooo worth it, well done smile.

ProcrastinatingPanda Tue 30-Oct-12 18:11:03

Can I add my DS's little milestone? It might not sound much but he went to his first after-school club yesterday. It was run by the school and was just in the gym hall so he didn't have to get used to a new building or new staff or anything but we never thought he'd ever be able to go to anything like that before. The only hiccup was that he wandered off on his own at the end and they couldn't find him but apart from that there wasn't a problem.

GalenasGhoulies Tue 30-Oct-12 18:15:13

Yay, well done all - can I add a milestone too? I managed to leave DD at preschool for an hour and a quarter yesterday. And today, whilst I stayed all session, I spent at least an hour talking to the advisory teacher for physical disabilities and completely ignoring DD, and the Advisory Teacher seems to be onside.

And today she got a 'smiley face sticker' for listening 'better' in gymnastics. She wasn't good, but she was better! grin

wine for me tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now