Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

LEA deadline of 15 days (Wed) for amendments but LEA say deadline to send out final is Friday!!

(3 Posts)
KeepOnKeepingOn1 Mon 29-Oct-12 11:52:05

WTF?

I thought there was 8 weeks before the LA had to send out the final statement? Oh, btw, the caseworker said she doesn't work on Fridays and so needs to finalise on Thursday. I am submitting 3 new reports diagnosing APD and ASD and rewriting the statement from 10 hours ms to ss. What could they be doing? If they have not met previous deadlines why are they insistant that they shave off 2 months here to meet the overall deadline? Are they doing this to force me to tribunal - they won't have time to consider the amendments and reports never mind issue a new statement. Are they hoping that I won't have an official letter of offer from the ss I intend to name? Am I being paranoid?

Sorry for all the questions but really confused.

Veritate Mon 29-Oct-12 14:33:49

8 weeks is the maximum, they don't have to take that long. Have they previously issued a different version of the proposed amended? If so, the 8 weeks starts from the date when that one was issued, not the new version. They should have given you notice of your right to request a meeting which ought to delay them a bit, if that's what you want.

However, I wouldn't necessarily knock it. Unless you are very lucky, the chances that the LA will pay any attention to your reports and draft statement are at best limited and you might as well save your energy for the tribunal. If they issue the statement quickly that obviously means you get to tribunal more quickly and potentially your child gets into the right school more quickly.

It doesn't necessarily matter if you don't have an official letter from the ss, you can start the appeal by asking the tribunal simply to name a type of school and then apply for leave to amend later once you have confirmation that the ss is offering a place.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Mon 29-Oct-12 14:50:10

Thank you. I think they are not intending to pay any attention to my reports and amendments but until Friday will live in a fantasy world where they accept my draft in totality. grin

Is it true that Tribunal can be expedited where the child is out of school? I've also requested emergency placement as I have parental, expert medical and school agreeing that current placement is not tenable. What the hell - I'll also request world peace!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now