Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Guardian Article on SEN legislation "Another Omnishambles"

(18 Posts)
AgnesDiPesto Sun 28-Oct-12 21:06:27

here
A potential recruit / ally for our campaign???

inappropriatelyemployed Sun 28-Oct-12 21:14:56

Yes indeed. We need to keep a note of all these sympathetic journos

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 28-Oct-12 21:30:10

Sarah spiller is another. I have her tel no somewhere and have spoken to her before.

bialystockandbloom Sun 28-Oct-12 21:33:39

Oh yes, definitely!

Amelia gentleman (also guardian) seems quite sympathetic on social agenda issues too.

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 28-Oct-12 21:35:25

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-466945/We-proper-education-autistic-son.html

She might even be a MNer.

bialystockandbloom Sun 28-Oct-12 21:43:55

Bet she lurks if nothing else!

zzzzz Sun 28-Oct-12 22:16:45

I felt au de mn sn too but have me idea who.

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 28-Oct-12 22:19:07

I have no idea what your post means zzzzz, lol

coff33pot Sun 28-Oct-12 22:19:31

it was dated 2007 so way to early for me to think who it could be.

zzzzz Sun 28-Oct-12 22:26:23

Because I am typing and posting while doing other things so not proof reading. I am an arse. Eau de mn sn.....I meant it smelt of/had an odour of the sort of post we get on mn sn.

I should go to bed, before I slip any further towards totally idiotic.

inappropriatelyemployed Sun 28-Oct-12 22:36:53

I have started a file!

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Oct-12 09:00:28

ROFL at 'I've started a file'.

I know it means something here, but that is one of the list of interventions we received for ds i.e. someone 'started a file'.

zzzzz Mon 29-Oct-12 09:27:10

grin may try and incorporate that into my world, "Dh I have started the laundry"

inappropriatelyemployed Mon 29-Oct-12 09:38:01

Tee hee, perhaps we should use the lingua franca of that culture in our campaigning..... 'I've started a file', 'we did some observations and we would never have been able to spot the Minister for Education, it's so hard to tell, he looks just like all the other Tories' etc etc '

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Oct-12 09:43:57

Honesty. I looked at the professional in question at a TAC and said 'what outcomes have there been as a result of your involvement with ds'.

She looked at me horrified and said 'I've started a file'.

I've never seen said file btw. And to this day have no idea how that is an outcome for ds.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Oct-12 09:45:51

actually, come to think of it, dh is a bit like this.

I didn't do x because I was 'looking after the children/running the bath/washing the dishes in the dishwasher/charging up a battery' whatever - lol.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Oct-12 09:48:41

tbh, he's not as lazy as that sounds. It just doesn't OCCUR to him to be doing something WHILE the bath is running etc. and those answers are his self-defense.

I guess that was true of the 'professional'. They just don't know how crap they are until someone points it out and they just won't accept it from a parent.

willowthecat Mon 29-Oct-12 09:50:12

These 'plans' sound just like the rubbish 'Co ordinated Support Plans' we have in Scotland. ds1 (very eventually) got a CSP and it states 'weekly speech therapy'. SALT told us 'We don't do that' thus ending the story as far as the LEA were concerned. So 'Co ordinated' is another of those terms of art in which the actual meaning is something totally different - like 'We've stuck in some stuff that thankfully will never happen'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now