Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

xmas appeal

(9 Posts)
shazian Sun 28-Oct-12 15:53:59

Many many thanks to whoever nominated me for this appeal, it was lovely surprise. However there are a million other mums who deserve it more. Very much appreciated, thank you xxx

NoHaudinMaWheest Sun 28-Oct-12 17:04:12

I'm sure you do certainly deserve it Shazian.

I've been hoping for a chance to ask you. How is your Ds getting on in Prudhoe and how are you coping with the visiting?

shazian Sun 28-Oct-12 17:24:09

Aww thanks NoHaudin. Thats ds been there 10 weeks now. We go down 2 days a week staying overnight and he comes home every 3rd weekend. I miss him like crazy, however i can see a huge change in him so it is all worth it. At first couldnt cope with him being away, missed him so much. Then i told myself it for the best and i should enjoy break while he was away, so ive managed to get all my decorating done whilst he's been gone and most of my xmas shopping. So i have did well with my free time. Hospital call me every night to give me an update. He is so happy, calm and the most relaxed ive ever saw him, without being doped up. He seems very happy in Prudhoe, it is an excellent place and i feel its did ds the world of good. He is getting the correct input from everyone at the same time being in a brilliant environment. So much space, staff amazing, 1 to 1 all the time, lots of different activities they take him to hydro pool, horse riding (he didnt like lol), mcds, swing park etc. He also gets school work there which is great as he's been off for coming up a year now. He only has 3 more weeks and be home for good. They will give us a full detailed report of what they have found and how to help him, most problems are sensory. they have sorted him out with medication as when he went in he was on really high dose of lorazepam he now off it completely which is great and on another med. His sleep pattern is so much better as well, he's always had problems with sleep sometimes only sleeping for 2 hours a night. He is asleep now most nights for 9 or 10pm and sleeps right through, on occasion will waken a few times and two times has only slept 2 hours... however over 10 weeks this is amazing cos at home he very rarely sleeps, so huge change there to. Overall im so happy that he is much more relaxed, calm as opposed to constant on the go (ADHD) he will now sit for half hour at a time which he has never in his life done. Just hoping that the changes last, s his main problems started nov 11 when he seemed really anxious, unsettled at school. i have tried taking him back to school for visit on his last few weekends home, he is not happy at all starts screaming, legs and arms twitching and going away from him, not a good sign. Im thinking school wrong placement for him. Its a brilliant special school, however i think too busy and noisy for him. School say they miss him, want him to come back and are trying to accommodate him, they insist they can still meet his needs. I said will keep trying however i feel could be wrong place. HT said she will be honest with me after trying few more times if she feels ds cannot cope and they cannot help him will tell EP that needs other placement. The school and EP had meeting few weeks ago re my ds however i wasnt invited. CAMHS doctor arranged everything for ds re hospital, prudhoe placement and she thinks school possibly wrong for ds, after his discharge from prudhoe ds still be under camhs, she has been amazing so i have every faith will get right help and support. Anyway thats a book ive written, so going for now lol. Thanks so much for asking xxx

bialystockandbloom Sun 28-Oct-12 18:47:51

Shazian you thoroughly deserve it, you and your ds have had such a hard year. I am soooo glad to read your latest news about him. Sounds like he is loving being at home this weekend smile

shazian Sun 28-Oct-12 18:50:26

Aww thank you so much bialystock xx

AgnesDiPesto Sun 28-Oct-12 19:15:32

I've been nominated too blush. Thank you whoever you are. I am feeling warm and fuzzy inside smile.

shazian Sun 28-Oct-12 19:21:24

well done AgnesDi makes you feel good doesnt it. Im sure all the mums on SN should have been nominated cos they are all truly wonderful x

inappropriatelyemployed Sun 28-Oct-12 19:58:49

Me too. Thanks whoever it was. It really made my day. Our little club on here has been a lifesaver for me over the last year - God bless us all as Tiny Tim would say!! thanks

NoHaudinMaWheest Sun 28-Oct-12 23:58:55

Shazian so pleased that the hospital stay has improved things for your ds. I hope you manage to get school sorted out now.

Agnes and I E you really deserve it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now