Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

NIL Tribunal win: will actual statement still be pants?

(16 Posts)
mariammma Sun 28-Oct-12 12:31:47

That's it really. Am assuming a win, and trying to budget for yet more professional reports in case the tribunal directs LA to issue.

Can they take the p* by ensuring the statement is a cut and paste of the existing hopelessly inadequate and vague NIL?

ArthurPewty Sun 28-Oct-12 15:19:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 28-Oct-12 18:51:45

They might. If the tribunal has ordered it you 'might' be able to get them to stay involved and tell your LA off for not quantifying and specifying.

inappropriatelyemployed Sun 28-Oct-12 20:01:05

Oh this is the worry isn't it? LAs can drag these things on for an eternity and your only recourse is to go straight back.

I would just see what they do and if it's crap, get that appeal in asap with a request for an expedited hearing given the time delay already.

mariammma Sun 28-Oct-12 20:41:52

Thanks guys. Thought so. Will be asking everyone to get us ed psych vouchers for Christmas then wink

ArthurPewty Mon 29-Oct-12 07:17:51

wasuup3000 Mon 29-Oct-12 10:28:58

Take it one step at a time you might be surprised. I have a tribunal re NIL next week. Fingers crossed for you.

ArthurPewty Mon 29-Oct-12 11:07:46

wasuup3000 Mon 29-Oct-12 11:29:16

Thanks Leonie - I to don't fancy the LEA's chances as the tribunal has already said to them that my child has needs and is not making adequate progress so what extra are they going to do - the LEA's answer was to add 5 minutes onto the therapy he is already getting in several areas....that was before additional diagnosis/needs have been since been made/assessed. Will be interesting.

ArthurPewty Mon 29-Oct-12 11:31:58

wasuup3000 Mon 29-Oct-12 11:39:54

I know - They are ridiculous! Could have done without paying for a private EP report as they don't have a leg to stand on. The tribunal itself if it happens should be OK I have the case ready and prepared.

ArthurPewty Mon 29-Oct-12 11:44:39

wasuup3000 Mon 29-Oct-12 13:02:22

We have had them drop out before in other 4 other cases. They are testing out their newly written LEA Policy they knew it would have more parents at Tribunal. Nice way to play SENDIST and waste money and time but thats the games they play.

hoxtonbabe Mon 29-Oct-12 16:38:44

Wassup: you mean the tribunal judge has already given the lea a ticking off and you have not had a hearing??

Hmmm, this progress thing is interesting as my sons school are saying he is making progress, the exams he sits every 6 months is showing a decline and now has the worst results in his class, will be interesting to see how they decide on this on as part of my argument is that my son is not making progress despite what the school are saying. ( sorry for slight hijack)

wasuup3000 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:44:00

Sendist ordered the LEA to tell them what else they would be providing by a ceratain date and if it is not provided by then threaten them with barring as the LEA did not provide enough information when they put in their reasons for opposition, orginally.

wasuup3000 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:45:58

You have the evidence he is not progressing so that is all you need Hoxton.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now