Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

WWYD?

(7 Posts)
crappypatty Sat 27-Oct-12 23:46:02

dd 11 has just returned from an activity holiday. She has had a fabulous time however when recounting stories from her hol she has told me the following.

I enjoyed activity a and b but didn't like activity c because I didn't like the instructor he was horrible. when I questioned her she said that he was calling the children spazzes and spastics if they made mistakes (in a joking manner). I asked her if she had said anything and she said that to the other instructor, he shouldn't say that, its horrible.

The other instructor agreed and told him he shouldn't say it. He carried on to the extent that at dinner that evening the children who were present were all repeating it and calling him it.

WWYD? should I email and complain? if I do should I name him, or just make a general complaint? He will only be a young lad, he should know better but I wouldn't like to get someone sacked.

dd said she was upset by it.

PipinJo Sat 27-Oct-12 23:55:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zzzzz Sat 27-Oct-12 23:59:50

I would send a formal letter of complaint asking them to investigate and send all staff on a disability awareness course.

crappypatty Sun 28-Oct-12 00:04:42

I just wanted to check that I am not over reacting.

She has been brought up to know that language like this is not acceptable, I am proud of her for speaking up,and I will send them an email tomorrow.

She did say, people know not to be racist, why do they think it is OK to be mean about people with disabilities.

PipinJo Sun 28-Oct-12 00:07:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaryZcary Sun 28-Oct-12 00:16:29

Email them and tell them that the word is unacceptable and that the instructor should be told so.

GhostofMammaTJ Sun 28-Oct-12 08:51:54

You are not over reacting at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now